Yeti GOBOX Collection

Drew 27 L bighorn

I’m gonna skip the man bun but I’ll have a mullet soon if barber shops don’t open back up down here.
George Thorogood officially changed the lyrics to his song. It now says "get a haircut and get an essential job"

Congratulations on your sheep tag! I am a new guy on HT and haven't totally figured out the culture yet, but I do know that if you ask for information without having about a million posts, you do get a fair amount of crap. I know nothing about sheep in Idaho. I am retired from Arizona Game and Fish and have answered hundreds of questions like you have asked over the years. I guess that's why I am not offended by it. My recommendation is that you talk to the Biologist and the game warden for the area and see if they can answer your questions. One or both should be able to give you the information that you want. Once again congratulations on your tag!

Welcome to HT share gramps story we would love to hear it even if it's bits and pieces not many get the opportunity you are about to embark on this fall. It's like living through you type thing ya know.
Better yet how about keeping everyone informed and do a semi live hunt here without giving away to much information. You may be surprised at what you get in PM.
The problem is after every draw forums get hammered from folks asking for direction never to return.
It's like a hit it and forget it. And to be blunt you went to third base and wasn't even on deck with that first post.

Not picking on ya at all bud I hope you smoke a monster. But look at the difference in the two post and responses.

Last edited:
I helped a pard with a sheep tag in that country. When we found sheep they were about 1/2 from the river to the tip top (not the part you can see from the river). Very hard to see from either the top or the bottom.

Floating the river will likely be preferable. A friend of mine has been on two successful hunts for sheep in the last 8 years or so on that late hunt. One with his friend who drew the tag and the other for his wife. Both killed heavy horned old rams. He's still waiting for his chance. Congrats on the tag and post plenty of pics. The Frank Church will change you!

I’ve hunted a few of those units in late sheep hunts. In my experience, the rams really don’t change their behaviors until November. You might find a group checking out ewes in late October but I wouldn’t count on it.

Blackout raptor with a topper set of truck nutz...... or or white duramax lifted black rims also with topper
Quit talkin the same, what do you two share a tongue and a pair of testicles? I bet you got a hand full of names for your own horn buds. My raptor with a blower on her is the best hunting rig I’ve ever owned, smooth ride in the desert looking for goats and fun to rip around in when not hunting, only Ford I’d ever own, only problem is I don’t have a topper for it, anyone know where I can get a used one for cheap? All joking aside, come on man you set your self up for these responses, (although in my experience people way more likely to help with hard to draw tags than otc tags) 99% of hunters will not give up spots that have taken them years to figure out to people they’ve met let alone someone they’ve never heard of. Asking some random person where they shot their deer where I come from is like saying hey, can I spend a night with your wife? hahaha Years back I saw a ram in Eastman’s I think that came from that tag and I’ve dreamed about it ever since, get in the best shape of your life, have good gear, talk to biologists and wardens take off as much time as you can to scout and hunt hard, from my understanding you can do all that and still have a tough hunt there but give it your all and love the “enjoyable the misery that is sheep hunting” as someone on here stated, good luck man, post a story of your hunt and take some pics.

I’ve hunted a few of those units in late sheep hunts. In my experience, the rams really don’t change their behaviors until November. You might find a group checking out ewes in late October but I wouldn’t count on it.
Will do can’t wait excited overwhelmed already got some great info thanks headed out on the first scouting trip in June took the whole season off I think it’s going to be a great adventure

Back