Dressed up my Howa

LCH

I bought this rifle several years ago, when I was more into tactical type firearms. Since then, the black plastic has started to lose its appeal to me.

So I ordered this laminate stock from Boyd's:

Unscrewed the old one:

And screwed on the new one:

I also adjusted the trigger pull while the stock was off, and ditched the plastic magazine for the original floor plate while I was at it. I'm much happier with it this way. Nothing wrong with the way it was before, just changing it as my preferences change.

Nice looking stock. How long did it take to get it delivered? Have you weighted it yet?

I have not weighed it, but I do know that it didn't change the weight significantly. The old stock was plastic, but there was a lot of it and springs and such inside. I'll probably get it's final weight after bedding.

It took about a week from order to delivery, and I had some"custom" options like checkering and high gloss.

Is switching stocks really as easy as unscrewing one and screwing on another? Have been thinking about upgrading the stock on one of my hunting rigs but have zero experience with gunsmithing. Don't mean to hijack the thread, just curious.

Is switching stocks really as easy as unscrewing one and screwing on another? Have been thinking about upgrading the stock on one of my hunting rigs but have zero experience with gunsmithing. Don't mean to hijack the thread, just curious.

Depends upon the rifle and stock manufacturer. With current production, non-customized barreled actions Boyd's is great and as close to unbolt old/bolt on new.

That's a great looking upgrade!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back