Dreams Can Come True

Sounds like your friends have experience hunting with 40 Mile Air, so this is probably unnecessary, but just in case...

Tok is a busy little town in August and September, lots of residents and non-residents alike coming through to hunt moose or caribou. If you plan on staying in Tok the night before you fly out and the evening when you return to town after the hunt, it's a good idea to book those rooms well in advance! 40 Mile Air has a couple of small rooms (at no charge) where some hunters opt to sleep the night before they fly out, but I always avoided those as it can be tough trying to sleep if other people are up and in a festive mood. Also, they give those out on a first come first serve basis, so they may be filled with other hunters already...

If you plan on flying meat back home after your hunt, 40 Mile Air has a table outside their chilled boxcar where your meat is stored until you pick it up. Might want to consider cutting your meat up there and packing it up for shipping home, usually easier than trying to do so in a hotel parking lot or similar setup.

Have a blast! 40 Mile Air is a top notch outfit and the 40 Mile country affords the chance to see moose, caribou, grizzly bear, black bear, wolf, and maybe even a wolverine if you are really lucky. Take lots of pics and share your story when you get back!

WOW I bet your just like a kid in a candy store. Tongue out, stuttering and all… lol that’s awesome I can’t wait to see what this fall brings to you and your buddies. Good luck!

My second Africa trip is in a few weeks. The flight there will be grueling with 14 hrs layover in Stutgart and then seven more hours in Joberg Airport before flight to Kimberly. Ugh! I'll probably be tripping over the bags under my eyes by the time we're finally chasing buffalo.

CPAJeff -Good luck in your trek up here to my home town and beyond. Mdhunter makes a good point on having rooms reserved for the in/out bound. We haven't be as busy with the covid thing going on but still follow that advise. Fast Eddy's is an option (907) 883-4411. They are across the highway from 40 Mile They are both a motel and restaurant plus there is a bar next door (Bears Den) in case you so inclined. Take lots of pictures. enjoy your self even if you see no caribou ( they are like ghosts). Anyway best of luck! - John

My second Africa trip is in a few weeks. The flight there will be grueling with 14 hrs layover in Stutgart and then seven more hours in Joberg Airport before flight to Kimberly. Ugh! I'll probably be tripping over the bags under my eyes by the time we're finally chasing buffalo.

Africa is on my short list of future places to hunt - best of luck on the trip!

CPAJeff -Good luck in your trek up here to my home town and beyond. Mdhunter makes a good point on having rooms reserved for the in/out bound. We haven't be as busy with the covid thing going on but still follow that advise. Fast Eddy's is an option (907) 883-4411. They are across the highway from 40 Mile They are both a motel and restaurant plus there is a bar next door (Bears Den) in case you so inclined. Take lots of pictures. enjoy your self even if you see no caribou ( they are like ghosts). Anyway best of luck! - John
Thanks for all the great info!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back