Caribou Gear Tarp

Dove

boutdoors

Hi,
Is anyone going out for the Season opener tomorrow? I'll be out with a friend in our local desert waitng by a guzzler for them to come in. Where will you be tomorrow?
Robert

Very small dove numbers compared to other years in my very dry and overly hot southern Kansas.

Told my boys today that they're going to school on time. Got too much work (chugging along on it now) to make our scheduled outing tomorrow. Might be able to hit it Saturday if I can get enough done between naps.

Best of luck to those who go!

Iowa finally got a season passed for the first time in many,many ,many decades and I plan on giving it a try tomorrow.If successful I'll need some ways to cook them if anybody is willing to share.

I take the breast meat off the bone in 1 slice, fold it in half, put a small wedge of cheddar between the folds, then wrap with a slice of bacon and a sliced jalapeño around it and skewer with a toothpick. Grill until the bacon's done and everything will be ready. Sometimes I used cream cheese instead of the cheddar. It's a homerun at my house.

I'm getting ready to head out now, but gotta have some coffee first...I'll be sitting in a field at a cattle farm in SW Missouri.

Doesn`t come in here until Saturday. Going those two days with the kids.

I take the breast meat off the bone in 1 slice, fold it in half, put a small wedge of cheddar between the folds, then wrap with a slice of bacon and a sliced jalapeño around it and skewer with a toothpick. Grill until the bacon's done and everything will be ready. Sometimes I used cream cheese instead of the cheddar. It's a homerun at my house.

Exactly the way I do it...minus the cheese. I will be trying it with the cheese! ;)

Not the best of shoot this morning. only shot at 6 killing 3. I'm headed out to another area for eve.
Jay

A week late getting into the field but it's better than never!

picture.php

Sam - waiting for dawn to break full enough to shoot.

picture.php

A limit (10) plus 2 Eurasian Collared doves an hour later. A dozen birds in 26 shots--not quite what I was hoping for, but not terrible either. I love this 20ga Wingmaster!

picture.php

He got a little toothy with a few of them but he isn't ready to go home yet. We'll be back out with my sons over the weekend.

Back home, picked and cleaned and waiting for the bacon, cheese and jalapeño tonight!

Back