PEAX Equipment

Dove opener

I didn’t know if it had a feed value for animals or not. Neighbor just picked up a little 2 acre spot the guy wanted to pay him to brush hog it. Owner said he could plant it if he wanted too. So we might put it in milo for next year
as far as I know hemp seed is pressed for hemp seed oil. It is very similar to millet in size.

We had some fine weather stay with us through all of Labor Day weekend and Sat was perfect for the dove opener. We split up between the two fields we had ready and for some reason the birds steadily worked the small field. I guess those sunflowers just tasted better to them. The two of us on the big field joined the luckier hunters and I got our last bird to get us back to the barn before 5.

Everyone got where they wanted to be at a reasonable hour and other than one guy not remembering sunscreen we had no complaints. And the ironic thing is he used to be a salesman for Hawaiian Tropic. Next hunt planned for Sat and it ought to be another good one.

Didnt make it out on the Saturday opener and ended up out on Monday. Still a decent day for around the house down in the valley.
Seems like theres not as many this year as years past.
holdingdoves.jpgdogsanddoves.jpg

We tried a couple days last week. It's been hot and dry for a bit, but those two days it was overcast by the Rio Grande. The birds just weren't moving. We got two and even with deep woods off, I managed to catch about 40 mosquito bites. There's noticeably fewer hunters out this year. Steel Shot is hard to come by right now, as is 12 gauge in general for the area. Like some, i've been stocking up since march last year. Hopefully this week will be better.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back