Doumolin Mauser Actions

danr55

Hey ya'll, I've been away for a while checking for chinks in my armor. None found.. In any event, I just started browsing the web and found that Sarco has a number of Doumolin Mauser actions on hand that they are selling for about $350. Reading some of the posts it seems that no one is familiar with the Doumolin Bros. and their wonderful rifles and actions. The Doumolin is built in Belgium and is one of the oldest firearms manufacturers there. They have been making rifles and mauser style actions, in my opinion, comprable to the Brevex and better than the standard FN actions. Looking at the description it says that trigger housing is steel but does not describe the trigger mechanism itself. Doumolin is famous for their double lever trigger which is one of the finest available. I am lucky enough to have a Doumolin factory rifle and it shoots as well as anything I've ever had the opportunity to shoot. I know this may sound like a sales pitch, but i assure you it's not. I am not connected with Sarco nor do I have any vested interest in any of these actions. I only know that they far exceed anything that is commercially available and that at the offered price, they would be impossble to beat. I don't know if the Mooseman or any of the old hands are still "hanging out" here ( that's a Panman joke) but if they are, Hi Guys.. The sands of the middle east are safe if you don't dance in the moonlight.. Ha Ha ha..

Dumoulin - Herstal rifles are well made, exceptionally beautiful firearms. I recently considered a purchase of their Mousqueton full stock carbine. You probably aren't connected in any way to the firm, in my opinion, or you wouldn't have misspelled Dumoulin, ''Doumolin''. You're simply an experienced, knowledgeable gentleman, who appreciates quality firearms.

Hi TBone.. Well, I guess that depends on whether you're looking from my side or their side. By the time all of the exceptions get deducted, ... I guess I got what I paid for...which is fair. YES. They treated me OK.. Found another car just coming out of storage in Tarzana California after 25 years and made a deal with the original owners son. Now I just need to have some time to drive it.. How about you? What have you been up to?

Hannibal, Thank you for pointing out my shortfall. I apologize to all of the nice people in Herstal.. who make such excellent firearms..

Yeah I just fell into one of these. Had pretty much decided to sell it till I read you post here :) !

Do you know how easily it'd be converted to a 338 Win Mag?

A synthetic stocked .280 Rem couldn't be bad...

Yeah I just fell into one of these. Had pretty much decided to sell it till I read you post here :) !

Do you know how easily it'd be converted to a 338 Win Mag?

A synthetic stocked .280 Rem couldn't be bad...

Dumoulin rifles are made to order and have never been widely distributed in the USA. I believe their bolt action rifles have used an FN Mauser or Sako action. Check out the Dumoulin - Herstal website which includes their phone number and mailing address. They should be able to answer all of your questions. Hope this helps

Contacts I have on another forum discussed this action at length and questioned if maybe the Sarco actions weren't seconds since it took an average of 10 hours of smithing work to get them right.

Contacts I have on another forum discussed this action at length and questioned if maybe the Sarco actions weren't seconds since it took an average of 10 hours of smithing work to get them right.

Can you please provide the website and thread which you're referring to? I'd be very interested in reading about the issues you've addressed in your post.

I've not known in the past of any "seconds" to come from this factory. All of their actions, to my knowledge, are machined at the faactory in Herstal. They make three different lengths of action. One is the standard length that would be used to 7mm Mauser length and bolt face, one is a standard length with a magnum bolt face and the third and most expensive is a true magnum length square bridge action similar to the Brevex action. If you get the proper action, there should be no issue building the 338 Win Mag. Larger rounds like the 338 Lapua would naturally take the longer action.

After rechecking the web site, it appears that they only have the standard length action with the .473 bolt face. You could open it up and rework the magazine, but I fear that would be more expensive that it would be worth.

Last edited:
Back