Doping

brymoore

The Lance Armstrong doping ban has me wondering about doping for hunters. A little research showed that some special forces units dope before prolonged deployments. All fair in love and war, right?

I'm been training hard for my upcoming sheep hunt. At this point, I'd consider about anything to enhance my mountain performance. God's gifts and hard work can only take Lance and me so far.

What are you thoughts? Would you dope in preparation for a hard hunt?

You might want to check your research on the SF data. I am quite certain your reference is actually to some testing that was done back in the early 90's, and it isn't practiced currently.

Depends on what you are calling doping. If we talking about Test Cyp and getting your T levels back up to where you were at 18 then I'm all for it. If your talking supra levels that these pro athletes are on, no thanks. I like the size of my heart. Also, I don't want to spend any time in prison. These are all black label pharms and they will get you a nice prison term for even a few bottles in the mail. Can you say "intent to deliver".

The plus side, even at replacement levels, is the recovery you get from workouts. Soreness and joint problems disappear when doping and you can hit training harder, longer and with shorter breaks between workouts.

+1 on T levels. Mine kind of tanked and the doc ask me if I was kind of lethargic? On a low dose, but still not chasing the wife around the house yet. Flip side energy is up to the point that I actually feel good for a change.

Id, The trick is to get the Dr. to give injections every 2 weeks before the cream is prescribed. You remember when you were 16 and......................................yeah, that's what I am talking about. LOL John Holmes AKA Draftstud!:D

Id, The trick is to get the Dr. to give injections every 2 weeks before the cream is prescribed. You remember when you were 16 and......................................yeah, that's what I am talking about. LOL John Holmes AKA Draftstud!:D

Or better yet, do it yourself once a week and get off the up and down train :D

I wasn't talking about illegal drugs or steroids. Basic blood doping is removing some of your own blood, freezing it, and then transfusing that blood back into your system before the event. The increased blood supply increases the amount of oxygen delivered to the muscles which boosts performance. It's similar to high altitude training.

I read about and it didn't sound too bad to me. There are some minor concerns that a little common sense should remedy.

Last edited:
I actually slept in one this summer for two nights at a friends house. However, they are expensive.

I've played with the idea of sleeping at 8k feet for the two weeks prior to my sheep hunt.

I wasn't talking about illegal drugs or steroids. Basic blood doping is removing some of your own blood, freezing it, and then transfusing that blood back into your system before the event. The increased blood supply increases the amount of oxygen delivered to the muscles which boosts performance. It's similar to high altitude training.

I read about and it didn't sound too bad to me. There are some minor concerns that a little common sense should remedy.

unamusedsadbanana.gif

You just made this thread boring. I liked this thread better when we were talking about illegal stuff

Oh my goodness. After reading some of the posts and letting it soak in, I can't believe we are even having this conversation. We have binos, spotting scopes, rifles that can easily shoot 600 yards., clothing that will allow you keep out of the elements and so on.
Train the best you can and go hunt! This isn't rocket science its man versus animal and as I mentioned above I do believe we have plenty of things to help us out.

I'm not much into using naughty words so I will just wait until Greenhorn or some others read this and let them post for me. I know you were just asking a question but in hind sight I think I would of deleted it. To each his own :rolleyes:

What? did someone say dope? Now what was I going to say.........I can't remember. My short term memory just isn't as good any more after smoking....now what was I saying? Did someone say dope?

BTW, If what Lance did was so bad and everyone had 7 chances to pedal past him (doing probably the same thing) Why didn't they. Was he that much better? I think he was. John...and I own a Bike also!

I absolutely hate needles so a blood transfusion like you are talking about would never be an option for me. Seems like a lot of trouble to go to but I don't know much about what that would do for you as far as performance. Enjoy your sheep hunt.

So if any athletes inject testosterone it's an illegal drug and if 65 year old men inject it thats ok becasue a doctor prescribed it for thier "medical condition" of not being able to do the same things they could when they were 45 years younger. Learn something every day.

If you choose to support Lance that's your own choice, keep wearing your yellow bracelet. I have read some of the information presented about the drug use and from others who have testified againt him and find it extremly hard to believe he is innocent. You are right about that sport being full of cheaters who did the same thing. I feel the same about Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, and many others in other professional sprots. Although many will continue to support these people no matter how much evidence says otherwise there are also many like me who feel thier records will be tainted. It seems to be socially acceptable for professional athletes to use steriods and for fans to support them even when overwhelming evidence says they are cheaters. I saw Roger Clemens is making a comeback at 50, wonder if he is using again.

Nobody I would want my kids to look up to.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back