Dogs are Hunting Partners - Let's see 'em

Love the Chessie !! I have had several own me over the years !! Including the 13 year old lady under my desk right now !!

My Missy Bear. No idea how old she is, stray I caught. She was terrified of people, men the most so probably badly abused. She was killing my chickens so it was either kill her of feed her. Missing her right eye so had it closed up and fixed. Took a couple weeks to get her in the house but today she sleep's next to my bed. She doesn't do anything but make me happy and that's fine with me. Love the girl! She got fat because I had her fixed.

Z3hp6wHl.jpg

20190803_104621.jpgResized_20191109_113036.jpegResized_20200101_153439.jpegResized_Snapchat-504367071(1).jpeg
Mine and my wife's dogs. Both are going to be 3 come May and were born within 3 days of each other. I do not miss raising 2 pups at once lol
Aspen, my lab, was supposed to be a duck dog but despises water. Our goldendoodle sophie, on the other hand, loves it and gets muddy any chance she can.
Both are sweet hearts and very smart. Sometimes that intelligence gets them in trouble, as they love to ride the line of what's wrong and what's not.
I wouldnt trade them for anything, and since I still dont have a duck dog I have a good excuse to get another hound :ROFLMAO:

My new pup, Aug 31, so he’s coming along nicely. I plan on teaching him upland bird, but I have never taught a dog hunting before...

View attachment 127302
Great looking pup! If you need any tips, I'd be glad to help. I only trained my lab for upland hunting. Feel free to PM me with any questions! What's his name?

I was home from college on Thanksgiving break in this one. The old dog on the Right was "Rocky" and the pup on the left was "Alfred E. Packer" . Both English pointers. I think Rocky was 12 or 13....
The ducks are from Jumpshooting Farm ponds..

jcm.jpg

Had to Photoshop Gator in to this photo because he would not sit still. He found this blacktail buck and flushed him to my dad, then trailed him to where he died.

daddog.jpg

Gator turned out to be a damn good bird dog too

gator1.jpg

gator2.jpg

gator3.jpg

This was a Catahoula named Caz we had briefly. She never turned on to hunting. This was a memorable hunt in 2007 where the girls each found a shed antler, and at the tail end of the drive, I jumped this little buck at about 25 yards and hit him on the run.
224143_1013686511115_4124_n.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back