MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Dog food survey

Over seven years old, all indoor dogs, Purina Senior blend 2 cups per day plus 1/2 can Old Roy chunks and gravy. Outdoor dogs get Big Red dry 4 to six cups each per day depending on the weather.
Everybody gets Milk Bone biscuits about four per day. Pups get Purina Puppy Chow amount based on their weight for first two years. Nutrition analysis is pretty much the same with much higher priced foods.(Ians, Science Diet, etc.) Since we feed 75 pounds of dry and a case of canned per week; price matters.

I will probably get ripped, but I feed Iams. Axl has been on it since he was a kid, so I stay with it. He gets an occasional treat, but probably not more than 2 or 3 a year. Man I am a mean bastard. No human food, other than bones.

My much too spoiled Chessie mutt gets 2 1/2 cups of Iams Active Mature(purple bag) plus 2 or 3 milk bones. She's been on Iams since 6 weeks old.
She gets a raw egg once a week and the Sunday bacon grease. She stays around 70-75 lbs.

A bit off the topic but she'll be 9 in April and other than needing a running start to make a lowered tailgate, is in great shape and doesn't show her age. I got her use to me invading her space since she was a pup. I clean her ears and scrape her teeth once a month(which shee hates but allows). She sees the vet at least once a year. Barring some disease or accident I'm planning on about 5 more years. God, I just realized I only have 5 more years. Some of you guys have wrote about losing your dog's to age or sickness and everytime you do I have to walk away for a while. My dog is like a child to me.

I feed my dog dry Fred Meyer's brand dog food once a day plus a few Milk bones...for helping with chores and such.
Quick Draw

i feed one dog iams an chicken an rice the other dog gets pedgree i mix one can plus two cups dry they get puppy bones morning an nite on sundays they get eggs an toast they dont get any thing with grease to many problems

My baby girl got 3 cups of puppy chow with a can of alpo mixxed in, every day of her 13 years.
The mutts in the back yard get all the Purina Dealers Pride they want.

We fed the labs we used to have Iam's, but it's awfully expensive and now their parent company is working with HSUS on a project, so I bid farewell to them. ;)

Belle, our good-for-nothing beagle, eats Beneful because that was what was on sale the week we got her. :D

Whatever they can steal lol,have tried all the flash ones,Pro plan Iams,Eukanuba,science diet and the like, have settled on Pedigree Pal its got the same makeup as the others, is a premium food and costs about 1/4 of the price,

We just recently switched to Eukanuba from Purina One. We've noticed the small black one doesn't have as much problem with dry skin now. Both dogs get the same grub and share the same bowls. We've went with an automatic feeder, as it they can get to the food anytime they want. When raising dogs Pops and I discovered that the dogs were less apt to put on weight this way.

I had the same experience, 1_p; our labs had an always-present food supply and they ate what they needed but no more. They were very healthy up until the day we gave them away.

In my experience, that only works with dry food though...they'll eat the canned stuff 'til they puke.

Dogs will gorge themselves on whatever is available and literally "eat themselves to death!" For the dry skin add animal or vegetable fats about once a week. Raw eggs "occasionally" will brighten up their coat.

Whatever i have a coupon for, plus they love kibbles and bits[small crunchy bites] and beef basted bisquets and all kinds of table scraps.

Iams for my GSP. As much as she wants. The dog has trained the kids to feed her treats from the fridge and meal leftovers......

When we lived in Idaho I tried the Zamzow's premium, that stuff was HIGH octane food for my previous GSP. Hiper dog.

IAMS green bag, as much as they want, plus I split a 22 oz can of Alpo chunks between em every night mixed with some oatmeal ( makes picking up the stools easy ) and table scraps ( meat or anything cooked in butter )
They get two or three milk bones a day.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back