Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Dog attack

Completely different scenario, if the incident is over and he is no longer a threat then you get a gun and you shoot him you have committed murder.

I see the situation differently. He’s still on my property, and although I’ve been stabbed he’s not a threat? I was able to escape so now he’s not a threat? There would be critical details in me deciding my actions on a person. Are they leaving? Do they still have a weapon? I could go further. If I had a chance I’d call 911, and tell them they better hustle because I’ve been stabbed and an armed intruder was threatening on my property.

The dog? The som b gets it if he hangs around. He became a threat for no visible reason. Why wouldn’t he continue to be one? Do you call animal control? Where do you live? How long will it take? Are you taking on liability by leaving the dog that just chewed your ass up alive? He’s juiced up on adrenaline and on the way back to the property he chews up a kid? I couldn’t live with that.

I see the situation differently. He’s still on my property, and although I’ve been stabbed he’s not a threat? I was able to escape so now he’s not a threat? There would be critical details in me deciding my actions on a person. Are they leaving? Do they still have a weapon? I could go further. If I had a chance I’d call 911, and tell them they better hustle because I’ve been stabbed and an armed intruder was threatening on my property.

The dog? The som b gets it if he hangs around. He became a threat for no visible reason. Why wouldn’t he continue to be one? Do you call animal control? Where do you live? How long will it take? Are you taking on liability by leaving the dog that just chewed your ass up alive? He’s juiced up on adrenaline and on the way back to the property he chews up a kid? I couldn’t live with that.
No. Once the guy turns to leave and is walking away he is LEGALLY no longer a threat.

No. Once the guy turns to leave and is walking away he is LEGALLY no longer a threat.
In this argument the dog didn’t turn to leave, the victim escaped; knowing full well the aggressive visitor is still lingering nearby on victims property.

Interesting analogy and debate.

What would you do if you watched me strangle it to death in front of you after it attacked me???
I mean, one good whack and let the dog back at it…. But yeah, that’s a good point. I’d much rather take the route of looking a man in his eye and telling him his dogs gotta go, than poison it while nobody’s lookin. That’s some BS 😂

I mean, one good whack and let the dog back at it…. But yeah, that’s a good point. I’d much rather take the route of looking a man in his eye and telling him his dogs gotta go, than poison it while nobody’s lookin. That’s some BS 😂
Seems like these days there’s a lawsuit over everything whether it’s right or not. Not that I’ve read one over killing a dog in self defense yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve just missed it. My preference would be for the owner to kill the dog or if not then I kill it. I’d like to kill my neighbors barking dogs which my kid said in front of them one day last summer. That was awkward. I confronted them about it and they said they’ve “been working on it”. Have not. Been like that for 3 years and they still let it bark. They simply don’t care and treat the dogs as if they’re human. Anyway I haven’t killed it but would like to. The neighbors and us no longer speak. Which is sad because we like them.
To get off my tangent, you’re right it is a bs way to handle a problem like that. But I can think of a few scenarios where poisoning might be the best way to go. There’s some pretty bad neighborhoods hoods around this country and planet. Most of us probably don’t live in one of the bad ones. Not trying to raise anyones hackles. I realize most of the people on this forum likely have obedient well behaved dogs, if they have any. So most of us won’t be in a dog attack scenario. However we should all keep in mind that a dog is NOT a human, nor are they as valuable.
Euthanized with a bullet would be ideal. But like in this case I’m sure the owners of the aggressive dog don’t want that, and sounds like they’ve already gotten away with it multiple times. . . . .

Yeah, but a huge difference between a dog and a human like he talked about.
I agree that there is a huge difference. There‘s also a huge difference between individual dogs and people for that matter.

I find it interesting that in dog attacks most people either blame a breed or blame the owner. Some people are mentally ill, and cannot be ”fixed.” Why don’t we look at dogs that way?

Last edited:
My morning made me think of this thread. Neighbor’s golden retriever got a little aggressive with my Berner this morning, and rather than turn away like he usually does, my dog decide to engage. It was full-on smack down between them. I jumped in to separate them, and the golden got my hand pretty good. Not on purpose - my hand just got in the way of him going after my dog. Luckily no tendon damage and 4 stitches closed it up. IMG_0235.jpegIMG_0229.jpegIMG_0238.jpeg

My morning made me think of this thread. Neighbor’s golden retriever got a little aggressive with my Berner this morning, and rather than turn away like he usually does, my dog decide to engage. It was full-on smack down between them. I jumped in to separate them, and the golden got my hand pretty good. Not on purpose - my hand just got in the way of him going after my dog. Luckily no tendon damage and 4 stitches closed it up. View attachment 283218View attachment 283216View attachment 283217
It's interesting that the most aggressive dog I ever had as far as with other dogs was a golden. And I have had several Rotts. mtmuley

They’re both 2 yr old intact males, and it was them and 4 females in the group playing. So that probably contributed to the situation.
Ya think?
Had several female GS who would just eat who they wanted. Or so they thought. Not fun on walks. I got bit several times.

Rio draws blood if I forget and give him a bite that's too small...he's just an excitable boy.

It's interesting that the most aggressive dog I ever had as far as with other dogs was a golden. And I have had several Rotts. mtmuley
I’ve only been bitten once… it was a golden.

Lots of friends with rotts, pits, huskys, my aunt and uncle had a chow…

My morning made me think of this thread. Neighbor’s golden retriever got a little aggressive with my Berner this morning, and rather than turn away like he usually does, my dog decide to engage. It was full-on smack down between them. I jumped in to separate them, and the golden got my hand pretty good. Not on purpose - my hand just got in the way of him going after my dog. Luckily no tendon damage and 4 stitches closed it up.
My wife is a Vet Tech and the worse bite she ever got was from a golden.

Attachments

• IMG_5460.jpeg
    IMG_5460.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5461.jpeg
    IMG_5461.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Buddy of mine has a lab that tried to bite all fo us on a hunting trip amd my dog. Also has lunged at kids in his neighborhood. Like dude wtf are you waiting for?

I had a golden retriever I knew since it was tiny try and rip my face off.. my friends have two pitbulls that are the sweetest. My college roomie had a rottweiler that sat in my lap and was never scary. Kind of interesting how it works out.

Back