PEAX Equipment

Dog attack

I'm with @OntarioHunter. Some animals are just wacko. Sure there may have been a breakdown in training and the dog may have been a unique case requiring very specialized training at a very specific to time in it's life that less than 1% of the dog owner population could have discovered and corrected. It's always easy to play so Monday quarterback. I don't agree that it's never the dogs fault, some dogs are just assholes, and what works for 99% of dogs is good enough. The last 1% isn't worth it. They will never be 100% right in the head, IMO.

Thr dogs owner need to make an adult decision, and it doesn't include rehoming it. They need to beg for your forgiveness. If they haven't put it down yet I'd have a serious discussion with them.

This is a good point.
Generally, it's been my experience that Australian shepherds are an excellent companion breed. Over the years I've seen a couple of Labs that I didn't trust but those are very rare. It happens.

For sure, that’s true OH- definitely good and bad from all breeds.

More of a comment that it’s a good idea in general IMO, not specific to this situation necessarily.

Last edited:
I thought that too but it would have switched you from being the victim to the aggressor in a new incident with a firearm. That could go very very badly for you as now you’re in a felony bracket.

On your own property after being attacked? Oh, I’ll see their asses in court. So, a person breaks into my house, and stabs me repeatedly. I make my way to a gun and find him still on my property. Do I let him walk?

On your own property after being attacked? Oh, I’ll see their asses in court. So, a person breaks into my house, and stabs me repeatedly. I make my way to a gun and find him still on my property. Do I let him walk?
Completely different scenario, if the incident is over and he is no longer a threat then you get a gun and you shoot him you have committed murder.

To be fair you let the guy into your house/yard. But I still agree. Lol

We willingly let the dog on the property to see if by the dogs meeting it would stop their dog from barking constantly at ours across the fence. We can see now that was a mistake. I entertained grabbing my pistol but didn't go there figuring they would see the issue for what it was and take care of it. They aren't other than getting a professional trainer. We haven't seen much of them or the dog since the incident.

Hopefully the trainer will tell them the truth and not try to milk them with more "training". How bit up are you?

We willingly let the dog on the property to see if by the dogs meeting it would stop their dog from barking constantly at ours across the fence. We can see now that was a mistake. I entertained grabbing my pistol but didn't go there figuring they would see the issue for what it was and take care of it. They aren't other than getting a professional trainer. We haven't seen much of them or the dog since the incident.
You blame them? They know they’re in for possible legal drama, or losing their dog. Moms still love their loony kids, ya know…
In my opinion, you can’t let it slide. Not just for yourself but potentially someone less fortunate than yourself. You tell them it’s nothing against them personally, and you’d hope they can understand if the roles were reversed. I’m sorry that happened. Heal up well and let us know what the outcome is for your wounds, your neighborly relationship, and the dog…

Hopefully the trainer will tell them the truth and not try to milk them with more "training". How bit up are you?
7 punctures on the wrist and several more on the sholder/chest. Lots of bruising as well. They are healing up. I kicked the shit out of it (with Hey Dudes) as soon as it started and got away as quick as I could.

Sorry to hear that man! When we lived over in Billings, I got pup and after about 7 months, she was perfect when I was around. When I wasn't there, she was aggressive. I never saw her aggressive at all. One day while at work, my daughter had a friend over. The dog tried to bite her. I called a trainer and was told the dog would likely never lose that behavior if it was like that at only 7 months. Training might keep it in check but there'll never be trust and I should put the dog down. I took the dog in the next day and had her put down.

Do what you want but since skin was broken you really should report it. Don't know if it's a law or just what "should" be done. We had an situation years ago with a neighbor. We got some of their mail mixed with ours and the wife went down to give it to them. When she bent over to pet one of the labs it snapped at her face. She managed to turn her head in time but it's teeth caught on her earring and tore it out. They TOLD her to report it and if I remember right after this long it was reported, the vet was called and all of the dog's shots were up to date, and it was quarantined. One off incident and believed to have been going after something shiny and not attacking. If nothing else, call them and verify all of the shots are up to date.

7 punctures on the wrist and several more on the sholder/chest. Lots of bruising as well. They are healing up. I kicked the shit out of it (with Hey Dudes) as soon as it started and got away as quick as I could.
Do you know if the dog was up on its rabies?

I should have been clear. I would see them in court if they tried to charge me for killing their dog that attacked me on my property. I would not sue over the first bite.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back