Doe killers?!!?

I do it regularly. We have only filmed it once. I always have some whitetail doe tags in my pocket. There have been years where I have taken the maximum number of whitetail does allowed.

Not sure what that question has to do with this post where some are criticizing others for doing it, but that is the answer.

So long as it is legal, I'm happy at the success any hunter finds, whether bucks or does, muleys or whitetails. I fail to understand the need to comment negatively when others obviously found pleasure in their success.
It didn't have anything to do with the previous post.. It just gave me a link back to you.. I wanted your thoughts on antlerless harvest. I figured you would respond. If you noticed I deleted virtually all of your previous post.. Thanks

Take another look at this doe, I mean buck. I shot it because I thought it was a doe, good thing the tag says antlerless. You can see it has the rear end of a buck but shed it's horns early in the fall. You can see the buttons on his head...

View attachment 165968
Crazy!

I watched a mule deer buck shed one of his antlers on Thanksgiving weekend in Eastern MT back in 2016. Something I’m sure I’ll never witness again. I gave the shed to my hunting buddy, he nearly shot the buck before he dropped a horn. We were so confused we thought we were hallucinating.

Does are targets for me. Wife seems to like them better than bucks for eating. I have just been pretty lucky over the years and have taken a lot of bucks. This year they are ALL I can take. Only saw one doe so far and just had to watch it walk away. Hopefully another buck will stroll through when shooting hours open today!
You guys cant shoot does down there this year?

Hunting is about harvesting an animal and while we love the thrill of it (im a new hunter myself). Im not in to find the biggest buck there and and go home empty handed because of it. Im about taking meat home for my family (and friends). So for deer, killing does does not strike me as a problem as long as the species is properly managed.

Shot my first doe in 25 years this year. It was also the first deer I have shot with a bow out of a treestand. A friend of mine has some great access on a horse ranch where the owner is kinda overrun with deer and spent three days hunting it. I spent the first day holding out for a buck but on my last day to hunt any adult deer would have been fine by me. I got the same experience out of it a buck would have provided, added some meat to my freezer and my friends and made the landowner happy by removing a doe

I just figured out I can donate venison to our local food bank. There might be a couple more landscape eaters in trouble at my place. Seems the food banks are needing it in these times. I am more than happy to provide if I can. mtmuley (disclaimer... these are overpopulated whitetail)

I just figured out I can donate venison to our local food bank. There might be a couple more landscape eaters in trouble at my place. Seems the food banks are needing it in these times. I am more than happy to provide if I can. mtmuley (disclaimer... these are overpopulated whitetail)
@mtmuley, 200 gr Accubonds out of a 300 RUM will work. I have 181 gr Hammer Hunters loaded up for my next antlerless hunt.

6268D0E0-E1ED-4C20-B01C-1A1685506DB8.jpeg

I sure don't have a problem killing does if you need to balance the herd or need some venison. BUT why would any one need to kill 6 ?
I've got 80 acres. The other day I saw 22 does in one drive down the driveway.
I get 4 doe tags, the wife gets 4 doe tags.
We have been inviting friends and neighbors to help us thin them out.
6 hell - I need to take 16 or 26 out of our herd this year alone. My neighbors have the same problem.

I've got 80 acres. The other day I saw 22 does in one drive down the driveway.
I get 4 doe tags, the wife gets 4 doe tags.
We have been inviting friends and neighbors to help us thin them out.
6 hell - I need to take 16 or 26 out of our herd this year alone. My neighbors have the same problem.
Uh, you said you were located where again? I can be there in..... soon enough lol

I killed a couple does in MT this year on a friend's property. Didn't hesitate and they taste great. It was nice to have that $1,300+ in non-resident tag fees actually result in meat this year lol.

Last edited:
I shoot does every year here in Ohio. In fact, that is pretty much all I shoot here. Farmers will still let you hunt for does. On the other hand, bucks are valuable to them and their lands are leased for the opportunity at bucks. Does are fair game. I can harvest 3 doe or 1 buck/2 doe if I want.

We are overrun with deer on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. We can only shoot a maximum of three bucks annually (with bonus stamp) thru the various seasons. We are allowed 15 doe in archery season, 10 doe in muzzleloader season, and 10 more doe in rifle season.

I don’t shoot more than a couple doe a year but I harvest them without guilt or shame.

I hunted for the first time this year, DIY public land, and got 2 does and a buck. The doe hunts were just as exciting for me as a rookie hunter as the buck was and the meat is amazing. I'm looking forward to both buck tags and doe tags next year.

I hunted for the first time this year, DIY public land, and got 2 does and a buck. The doe hunts were just as exciting for me as a rookie hunter as the buck was and the meat is amazing. I'm looking forward to both buck tags and doe tags next year.
That shouldn't change. I've been at this(hunting) well over 40 years and I still get excited about every game animal I take..

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back