MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Do you own a ranch?

I don't particular care about what anyone calls their place. Thats your business. But I refer to a ranch as a large property where livestock is bred, raised and grazed As a primary focus. Versus a farm where crops would be grown as well as some livestock raised or a dairy operated.

I remember once getting a letter from a customer thanking me for raising only grass fed beef with no hormones and how she could tell the difference in that from grain fed. No idea where she got that. I implanted all of them and they were on full grain.
View attachment 216049
I used to get people that called that wanted “organic grass fed beef”. I started telling them to buy a deer tag.

Wait, are you implying that my 3 acres is laugh worthy? I'll let you know I get up 15 minutes early to move sprinklers, my tractor is always broken, and I have a "scrap" piles of wood, good wood, metal, sheet metal, and miscellaneous. And it never turns a profit. I'd say that checks all the boxes...
You clearly own a small scale ranch.

No, I’m not a rancher. I have a house on .13 acres in a residential neighborhood and I have a strawberry patch in my backyard that sometimes produces a few berries….so that’d make me farmer, not a rancher. 🤣

You can call it a "ranch" if you file a schedule F on your taxes

SchedF-0ace017c310b43189a3050710d298e4c.jpg

We have a house on 2.1 acres. Have a small garden and my wife wants to get a miniature donkey. I could certainly be close to having a farm/ranch operation!

We have a house on 2.1 acres. Have a small garden and my wife wants to get a miniature donkey. I could certainly be close to having a farm/ranch operation!
I wouldn't begrudge you calling it a homestead.

f45227292fd387d1be969f3fec92b4d0--log-homes-camping-gadgets.jpg

I just bought 10 acres in montana officially last week signed for it . I do not consider it a ranch . It’s 10 acres of sage and pine trees but right along a county road and high and dry and next to blm and next to the ranch I hunt on

I just bought 10 acres in montana officially last week signed for it . I do not consider it a ranch . It’s 10 acres of sage and pine trees but right along a county road and high and dry and next to blm and next to the ranch I hunt on
And I paid way too f’n much for it . Lol . But it felt like “it” to me and I wanted it . There’s power and there’s water close . So it’s a decent spot to move in a cabin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back