Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

DIY Wall Tent Collapsible Camp Stove

Sytes

Hey all,
For any interested in building a steel Collapsible Wall Tent Camp Stove, for your own personal use, I put together a quick YouTube video that presents the bare basics and *should get you on that path.
Feel free to inquire, critique, share creative enhancements, ask questions, etc. I'll help as much as able and always open to new thoughts/ideas.

I have another thread that offered to build a few of these stoves for HT members at base cost... and those are in the oven.

I mentioned in the video the bending break with modifications. Here's that video in the event you're looking to follow a similar idea.

Last edited:
After you burned a couple fires, did you have any issues with the hinges binding or anything of that nature?

After you burned a couple fires, did you have any issues with the hinges binding or anything of that nature?
I've run the new stove once so far. This year's spring bear hunt we used the stove made back in 2010. Same collapsible design. Difference between the two, the 2010 build is all 18g steel.
It's the stove presented in the first screen of the video. No hinge issues.

Cool design, it’s a little heavy. I’m wanting to start packing a stove for rifle hunts I think. I’ve been looking at Kni-Co manufacturing packer stove.
Matt

Cool design, it’s a little heavy. I’m wanting to start packing a stove for rifle hunts I think. I’ve been looking at Kni-Co manufacturing packer stove.
Matt
Yeah, that's for certain! Especially for the use with pack goats.
It is extremely challenging to bend metal in such a fashion to personally build one. It takes specific machines to get those folds. The weight is fantastic! However, the box size is not near the size of this unit..
Kni-Co Packer:
Fire box size: 9 1/2" x 8 1/2" x 21"
This stove's rough fire box dimensions:
18 x 12 x 24.
This type of design caters more towards horse pack or larger stock than goats. To get into the back country where they're already packing 12x14 and larger canvas wall tents. The additional heat time for the firebox and one single unit has been a value shared by a few in the past.

It's an extremely impressive price for that Kni-Co though! Nice design, it fits along with the same design as my titanium stove.

If your looking for a bigger fire box they make other models, that are bigger and heavier.
Matt
In fact, the Alaskan is a bruiser of a size and great weight in comparison to this one.
Price is hard to beat as well, considering materials alone for my build are roughly $85 @ current steel pricing via our industrial steel store, (Pacific Steel) this includes certain cuts as well as it speeds up and keeps a good uniform base for the garage type build.
By the time all is said, Kni-Co is a great deal for size, weight, and price.

@Duck-Slayer
It seems, unless I'm not following correctly, Kni-Co stoves do not collapse. They are full body units.

They have one breakdown stove called the Tundra.
It weighs approximately 10 lb heavier than my version. That is surprising! makes me feel a little better about the time spent building these.

25" high, 15" wide and 25" long.
• Storage size: 6" x 15" x 25"
• Fire box size: 14" x 14" x 25"
• Made with 18 gauge cold rolled steel
• 5" stove pipe hole (works with our 5" tapered pipe)
• Storage bag included
• Weight 43lbs

But also - great thread. And assuming my google also works I agree w Famech - thank you for sharing. Glad your stove worked out well this spring. Please let us know how it performs this fall for sure!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back