DIY lifesize Grizzly Bear

LuckyMike

I'm experiencing an "On Your Own Adventure" in taxidermy. I'm mounting my Grizzly taken in the Yukon 4 1/2-years ago and it's all new to me. Years ago I mounted a black bear head for a rug and I've done very few lifesize of other species. Its taken a long time to get going on this , mainly due to difficulty getting the form I wanted. The hard part is done now and I'm stoked about getting this bear done and doing it myself. What better project for mid-winter than mounting my own Griz? Here's some pictures of my progress. I'll post some more pics when its done.
griz9.JPG

Griz8.JPG

photo.JPG

DSCN0689.JPG

DSCN0691.JPG

DSCN0692.JPG

That looks very nice. I like that second picture, where your bears head is on the forum, it really dwarfs the rest of the forum. How close to done is it in the last pic? Already looks very good.

Way cool and looks good. Super cool way to put a personal finishing touch on a hunt.

DIY taxidermy is something I'd like to give a try. First, I have to shoot something worth working on...

That's pretty sweet Mike. Did you kill a small bear or is that thing bigger than it looks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back