PEAX Equipment

Disappointed with Lathrop and Sons

I've always wondered how Lanthrop was. Thanks for sharing your experience. Guys like us don't mess around when it comes to gear and when you're willing to spend a little or have an opportunity to get something top notch you expect top notch service. Clearly they don't have that!

Guys who want a great pair of boots and can pay for them will still use L&S, because they produce a great product. I didn't even know they sold other brands of boots.

Guys who want a great pair of boots and can pay for them will still use L&S, because they produce a great product. I didn't even know they sold other brands of boots.
That's how I feel. I had a pair of L&S when they carried Meindls, but my last pair was from a different company. My next will be from L&S...

Thanks for the pic 1_pointer. Everytime I've seen that one I cringe. It makes every blister I've ever had seem tolerable.

I would say I'm just a tough sum-b, but I did whimper alot that day. Wife still brings it up occasionally...

Received my Hanwag Alaska GTX boots on Wednesday. They shipped when promised. They didn't charge my card until they shipped the boots. The sizing was right on so I assumed that the Lathrop that took the order was actually listening. I took them for a 10 mile spin yesterday. The lacing system is great and traction was better than with my Meindls and equal to the Kenetreks. The toe box was roomy which was the problem I had with my Kenetrek Hardscrabble Hikers. I developed no hot spots despite the start of the break in period. Support was great. Usually after a hike, I do have some aching in my feet. The feet actually felt better. I am off to scout for moose next week. Only time will tell, but I am impressed so far.

I purchased a pair of the Hanwags from them for a Mountain goat hunt. Had to send them back for some adjustments and had nothing but good, fast service. I bought the package, boots footbed, socks and boot dryers. They did hit me for $600.00.

i feel lucky to be able to throw my feet into a pair of Asolo 520's and have them fit like a glove and go for miles...and only pay $200 for em.

i've hiked in lots of boots over the years....Vasque boots were always good but my feet fit better in the Asolo boots.

my current Asolo's only have about 150 miles on em and they're still holding up great after a year.

so why do so many of you guys like the Danner?? can you give me some comparisons between those and others?

thanks, riggs

Ibought a $400 pair of whites and just cannot handle how heavy they are,,,at the last minute before my hunt this year i picked up some danner pronghorns and like them,,,only bad thing is that the pronghorn line of danners are made in china instead of u s a .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back