MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Disappointed in Leupold

Mine was 15 years old. Electronics went out. No replacement. They offer a new one at a discount. I did research and found the Electronics were a common issue. Went with a Sig thus time. 15 years wasn't too bad.

My Sig kilo 1200 went caput in antelope season. Sig Sauer's customer service was terific. They looked it over, determined it was "defective" and sent me another, an upgrade in fact.

The only thing from Leupold I've ever owned were scopes, which I've never had a lick of trouble with.

Had a leica 1600b that was pretty good until losing it. Geovid HD-B 2000 binos didn't range reliably when it got below 40 degrees. Leica replaced them with the updated 2200 model which had the same problem. So they replaced them with the updated 3000 model and I sold them without opening the box.

Have sig kilo 2000(have horizontal distance inside 100 yds for archery) and 2400 ABS for rifle (spits out ballistic solutions) now and they have been good.

Hunting grade range finders are just not robust instruments and that's the long and short of it.

I've had a cheap bushnell rangefinder since 2005. Use it for golf and hunting. Still works like new.
Same here. Chuck Adams Edition if I remember correctly. I think I've had mine since 2008 and just this year it started to get some dirt or something on the inside of the lens but still works.

Yup, The display on mine went out this yr also. Didn't matter on my golf game. Bot it on sale, so... Chance to try something new

I thought on electronics Leupold would replace the original and then the warranty time clock kicked in? You might want to be patient and attempt to contact them again.

After losing my Leupold 1600 a week after I bought it, Mrs45 said I needed a bino chest pouch with a pocket for my next rangefinder. Now I use the 2800.

win-win

I’ve got a Nikon that’s going on 17 years old. I think I changed the battery once? I upgraded to a sig 2200 2 years ago that will range farther and has better clarity but really does all the same things

Same here. Chuck Adams Edition if I remember correctly. I think I've had mine since 2008 and just this year it started to get some dirt or something on the inside of the lens but still works.
I’ve got the same one and about the same age. Works fine out to about 500 but can be spotty with only 4x. My lens is getting dim as well.

I found an older model Nikon at about 9000 feet while scouting for elk a few years ago. The rubber eyepiece was chewed off by rodents and some dirt was in the lense. I think it had been there a while. Gave it to my brother in law and he’s still using it. Just needed a fresh battery.

I’d also recommend a lithium battery in all rangefinders. If you have a battery leak it’s usually not covered under warranty.
Lol...no 1000 yards on lets say very reflective targets.
I just take the battery out of it whenever its not in use and don't leave it in the truck to fluctuate temperature constantly and actually take care of it.
This. I’ve found removing the batteries from all my electronics (RF, scopes, radios) and storing in cool/dry places during the off-season has allowed me to really increase the life of my electronics. Nothing worse than opening up the battery compartment to see leaks/corrosion.

leapold should be embarassed,,only a 2 week warranty on a device that at most may posibly be used a handful of times a year on average??come on man!! as joe says.glad i didnt get a leapold rangefinder,,thats dissapointing to hear.

leapold should be embarassed,,only a 2 week warranty on a device that at most may posibly be used a handful of times a year on average??come on man!! as joe says.glad i didnt get a leapold rangefinder,,thats dissapointing to hear.
I think it was 2 years, not 2 weeks

I have a Leica which has worked well for over a decade. Having said that, electronics break. No reason to expect a huge warranty.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back