Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Leupold Warranty

Big Slick

I purchased a Leupold scope yesterday at Cabela’s, the nice young gentleman ask me if I would like the two year warranty that goes with it if I chose to do so. I let him know that they have a lifetime warranty from Leupold.

At the end of the day this young man was reading what had popped up on his computer screen after he had scanned the item. Makes you wonder, how many people have purchased this 2year warranty because it sounded like a good idea.

Thoughts?

I think the angle that Cabelas has on that is that if it were to fail as a result of your wrong-doing, they would cover it. Whereas Leupold may not. Still wouldn’t buy it, though.

I think the angle that Cabelas has on that is that if it were to fail as a result of your wrong-doing, they would cover it. Whereas Leupold may not. Still wouldn’t buy it, though.
I figure it’s something along these lines as well

Yes, a convenience warranty. Take it to Cabela’s instead of mailing it back.

Yes, a convenience warranty. Take it to Cabela’s instead of mailing it back.
Not worth the headache to have Cabela's deal with Leupold for me - I've had great interaction with Leupold when needed, don't need help.

Interestingly, the extended car warranty calls have tapered off. Now it's low interest loan offers........

David
NM

Not worth the headache to have Cabela's deal with Leupold for me - I've had great interaction with Leupold when needed, don't need help.
I was thinking Cabela's would replace your scope in their store. And, Cabela's would deal with Leupold independent of you.

I was thinking Cabela's would replace your scope in their store. And, Cabela's would deal with Leupold independent of you.
This^^^ If you have a problem within the 2 year period, you bring the scope back to Cabela's and they will give you a new one. You won't have to call Leupold and get told you overtightened the rings mounted it wrong don't know how to shoot blah blah blah wait for an RMA # send it in wait for a response wait for them to send it back to you saying nothing is wrong with it etc (punctuation purposely omitted for effect).. Depending on the cost, might be worth it.

Last edited:
I have owned a bunch of Leupold products. I have only had one warranty experience and they treated me more than fair.
I would not purchase any secondhand warranty service on a Leupold product. They will stand behind their products.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back