Did you lose your shotgun..or..know someone that lost their shotgun??

I walked into the Sheriff's office to provide the gun's info and they said that a State Trooper from Lake CO had reported the loss of a shotgun. My response...are you F'n kidding me?? I left all of my contact info there so that it could be passed on to the owner. That was a week ago and no contact as of yet. My guess is that the Sheriff's department must have "misplaced" my info or could not find the original report on the lost gun. I guess that a follow up phone call is in order for today. So sooner or later, the shotgun will be returned to the owner.......or.......the Trooper looked at the gun's info and it was not the gun that was lost? Can't even imagine more than one shotgun being lost but who knows?
Sorry, sounds a little fishy to me. Hope the deputy was not trying to help a LE buddy acquire a lost treasure. Why wouldn't he/she just give you a copy of the report? Ah ... not give out the cop's cell number. Gotcha. Maybe I'm just cynical ... okay, no "maybe" about it.

Not everyone keeps serial numbers recorded (they should for insurance purposes) but the owner should be able to produce a photo of the gun that clearly identifies it (i.e. what the wood looks like).

Again, a tip of the hat for being honest. Nothing worth having is worth stealing ... except maybe your wife's heart.

Oh... I can, unfortunately.

I am the king of losing shit. My buddy swears the best way to get outfitted would be for someone to just follow me around and pickup all the shit I forget about.
Someone should start a thread about that. Sure to be a lot of bizarre stories. I drove off and left my hunting dog behind ... twice!

I dont believe the cops story.

Should have put the gun your gun safe and just went on with life because this is the kind of crap you get for being honest...

Sorry, sounds a little fishy to me. Hope the deputy was not trying to help a LE buddy acquire a lost treasure. Why wouldn't he/she just give you a copy of the report? Ah ... not give out the cop's cell number. Gotcha. Maybe I'm just cynical ... okay, no "maybe" about it.

Not everyone keeps serial numbers recorded (they should for insurance purposes) but the owner should be able to produce a photo of the gun that clearly identifies it (i.e. what the wood looks like).

Again, a tip of the hat for being honest. Nothing worth having is worth stealing ... except maybe your wife's heart.
I do not believe that there is anything cynical going on. Just a small Sheriff's office!

i will have the owner answer all of my questions before I return the firearm. Might even request that he "or" she get on here and reply to this thread and explain the story behind them losing the shotgun.

Anyone from Lake County that knows a local State Trooper that might have lost his "or" her shotgun? Left my info at the local Sheriff's office so that he "or" she could contact me to get the gun back. Have not heard anything yet!
Are you the magnet king of lost shotguns or is this the same shotgun in your opening post from 10 days ago?

Initially, I viewed the quoted recent post as a lost duty issued shotgun or did you learn somewhere along the line that the OP shotgun (CZ) personally belongs to a State Trooper though you don't know if the Trooper is a he or she?

I'm lost... leave me be! I don't want to be found!

Are you the magnet king of lost shotguns or is this the same shotgun in your opening post from 10 days ago?

Initially, I viewed the quoted recent post as a lost duty issued shotgun or did you learn somewhere along the line that the OP shotgun (CZ) personally belongs to a State Trooper though you don't know if the Trooper is a he or she?

I'm lost... leave me be! I don't want to be found!
Only one gun! The local Sheriff's office stated that a State Trooper from Lake CO had reported losing a shotgun. Gave my info to the Sheriff's office so that the Trooper could get a hold of me.

Called the Sheriff's office today and got the same nice lady that I talked to face-to-face last week. She stated that she had emailed my info to the Trooped that had reported the lost gun. She then stated that she would send "him" a text along with another email with all of my contact information. Nothing but crickets so far and that is a bit confusing??

I did leave the gun's info including the serial# along with all of my contact info.

Clear as mud now?

Only one gun! The local Sheriff's office stated that a State Trooper from Lake CO had reported losing a shotgun. Gave my info to the Sheriff's office so that the Trooper could get a hold of me.

Called the Sheriff's office today and got the same nice lady that I talked to face-to-face last week. She stated that she had emailed my info to the Trooped that had reported the lost gun. She then stated that she would send "him" a text along with another email with all of my contact information. Nothing but crickets so far and that is a bit confusing??

I did leave the gun's info including the serial# along with all of my contact info.

Clear as mud now?
MtnHunter- I sent you a pm. He texted me yesterday asking if I got your number. I told him I gave him yours but hadn’t heard back. I know he just had surgery so he might be out from work for a bit. He said he’s tried multiple times contacting the S.O. With no luck.
Thanks- Josh

MtnHunter- I sent you a pm. He texted me yesterday asking if I got your number. I told him I gave him yours but hadn’t heard back. I know he just had surgery so he might be out from work for a bit. He said he’s tried multiple times contacting the S.O. With no luck.
Thanks- Josh
I just realized I sent you a pm but you probably didn’t get it because I didn’t have enough posts. Anyways if you want to reach out to me 406-544-7605 I can get your number to the owner.

Good on you op. Maybe whoever “lost” it, doesn’t want to find it. Highly unlikely, but who knows. Hoping for a happy ending.

I just realized I sent you a pm but you probably didn’t get it because I didn’t have enough posts. Anyways if you want to reach out to me 406-544-7605 I can get your number to the owner.
Thank You Sir!

It was good to talk with you and your L.E. brother/relative, via marriage, will get his shotgun returned to him.

UPDATE:

The lost shotgun mystery is solved folks! Thanks to @Longdraw and the HT community. Just waiting on the owner to call me to arrange the return. Should not be a problem as that is the direction I am headed for the muzzy season.

Thanks again @Longdraw....

Thank You Sir!

It was good to talk with you and your L.E. brother/relative, via marriage, will get his shotgun returned to him.

UPDATE:

The lost shotgun mystery is solved folks! Thanks to @Longdraw and the HT community. Just waiting on the owner to call me to arrange the return. Should not be a problem as that is the direction I am headed for the muzzy season.

Thanks again @Longdraw....
And did he explain how his shotgun ended up loaded off safe on a public road?

Back