MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Did ya hear TX is freezing over?

I didn't say there wasn't electric heat, I actually live in an all electric home and have an electric furnace (with a heat pump that does great when temperatures are over 40 degrees).

I said electric heat is not efficient. You need to create the electricity first and then convert it to heat. You don't see many electric furnaces up North where it actually gets cold simply because it is not cost efficient to heat with electricity.
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=44436

You are trying to pick and choose what goes into and out of your calculation. Here is the headline as calculated by the EIA
Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 4.46.39 PM.png

Lots of work to do; our daughter's family is having rolling blackouts in Kansas to help power Texas. And now we are all going to have electric cars. Hmmm. Someone isn't thinking this through. Maybe more actual engineers, fewer politicians?

If you heat with a gas furnace and you lose electrical service you can't heat your home. Unless you have a generator.
OH! Epiphany now. You and @npaden are talking about the individual home level. I am talking about the grid and why Texas doesn't have electricity. This is two different discussions. Yeah, you need an electric ignition, but you don't have nat gas if it isn't moving either. You need all the parts moving correctly and the reason it isn't in Texas right now has very little to do with renewable energy as a source. Ironically, TX was actually a leader in that area.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=44436

You are trying to pick and choose what goes into and out of your calculation. Here is the headline as calculated by the EIA
View attachment 174536

I'll just leave this here....

This study is super wonky and dives into all kinds of stuff.

My cursory overview is that 80% of energy is retained getting gasoline to your car, 40% is retained getting electricity to your Tesla.

Tesla Motor is 80-90% efficient using that electricity... A ICE car is 30-40% efficient?

1613692692413.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering I pay property taxes in both states I have decent handle on where I would flee to and TX sure as hell isnt it.
I own a home in NY and yeah not fleeing to NY either. Just saying and remember no income tax in TX. I have no idea of what state I would flee to. Maybe just create my own country, as long as big game is plentiful :p

SEVEN pages??

in winter it gets cold.

in summer it gets hot

Insulation is sold daily

If you count on any politician to do something than convert your money to his money... well, you may be disappointed

Spring gobbler season beckons

All done.
LOL. Most of us do this to get @BigHornRam all worked up. It is the best offseason sport.

“Wha da f&$k, I’m fixin’ to walk here”

I’ll see myself out.
Ya walking is all youd be able too do down there..... Two inches of snow and shits at standstill...
We dont even clean 2 inches of snow off the windshield in NY

Ya walking is all youd be able too do down there..... Two inches of snow and shits at standstill...
We dont even clean 2 inches of snow off the windshield in NY
Fun Fact: Snow is the only thing that will defeat Chuck Norris

Apparently

Back