Did ya hear TX is freezing over?

HuntTalk Freak

It’s been a unusual winter here, calling for historic lows and people are freaking out. I am a little since our power went out during the last snow storm and this one is looking much worse.

But I figured it would be a good time to test run the new hot tent that I’ll use down here maybe 1-2 times a year. 😅

it’s warmer in here than the house but I’ll run out of wood before the nights over.
7E2A5144-87ED-44E3-A4AF-499BAA9C7664.jpeg
2DE162DF-2DD2-46A8-B9FF-FABB43A63D55.jpeg
B6B5599C-39D6-4827-9B7E-F78C6D3344CA.jpeg
I look forward to using this thing on my next western hunt.

Adventure begins in the backyard, eh?
It does around here. I took time off to go do this at our property but the wife has a sinus infection, ice/snow storms, valentines, and a four month old shot those plans to hell. I’m just glad my wife doesn’t have covid like we thought.

I had a beautiful spot picked out by the creek too.....

I read that some places in Texas will have more snow than we have had all winter in eastern Montana. But at least you won’t have the -57 degree windchill like we had today
Really? That’s crazy because I know y’all get lots of snow. The problem with Texas is we don’t have the infrastructure for snow and ice like other states that are accustomed to it. There was a 100+ vehicle pileup in Fort Worth this week due to ice and lack of respect for it.
Most of the houses down here are on electric power and heat. Which sucks too.
When we build our house the heat, fireplace and stove will be off propane.

I already apologized to @noharleyyet for me bringing central Oregon weather down here to TX with me... we’re north of Dallas visiting awaiting the birth of the first grandson. He’s due Sunday/Monday and it’s supposed to snow and get down to 0. 😳

Little guy better come out wear’n a parka and snowshoes!
E5E06B8E-0AF2-4E82-9531-00CE1CB696B7.jpeg

I lived in San Antonio in the early 80's for 3 years.
One of my favorite places.

It snowed one December. South Texans do not know how to drive in snow. I parked under the underpass and let the chaos go by.

I went home.

It snowed 13in in 85 in SA. My parents were in Hawaii on vacation and their flight home got delayed due to snow. They first thought is was in Denver. But no it was at home.

It snowed 13in in 85 in SA. My parents were in Hawaii on vacation and their flight home got delayed due to snow. They first thought is was in Denver. But no it was at home.
I remember that snow, I was in kindergarten in SA. Supposed to be 4 degrees Tuesday morning according to the weather channel - some years it doesn’t even freeze all winter so this is some unusual weather for sure. Hard to believe it was 92 at my hunting lease and spring was coming on a week and a half ago, a couple inches of snow and 13 degrees expected by Monday morning now.

Yup low of 7 on Monday. High of 72 next Sunday. The mesquite trees weren’t showing any green yet so I knew we weren’t done with the cold but didn’t see this coming.

Well I survived the night but I do think I’ll invest in a insulated sleeping pad after this. I for sure would have been warm in my -20 bag after I ran out of wood but stuck with my 35 degree bag.

I’m leaving it set up for a week or so and will be back out when/if the snow hits. I’m gonna have to find wood somewhere though.

I already apologized to @noharleyyet for me bringing central Oregon weather down here to TX with me... we’re north of Dallas visiting awaiting the birth of the first grandson. He’s due Sunday/Monday and it’s supposed to snow and get down to 0. 😳

Little guy better come out wear’n a parka and snowshoes!
View attachment 173784
Congrats! Please keep us updated.

I remember that snow, I was in kindergarten in SA. Supposed to be 4 degrees Tuesday morning according to the weather channel - some years it doesn’t even freeze all winter so this is some unusual weather for sure. Hard to believe it was 92 at my hunting lease and spring was coming on a week and a half ago, a couple inches of snow and 13 degrees expected by Monday morning now.
I remember that one too. I had a three wheeler (remember those) that I rode around in it with no helmet. The good old days. I was five but still remember.

Winter events in Texas are booms for grocery stores. Packed all week. Chili and beef stew winterizing at our place.

@MarvB best of luck with the grandson, lemme know.

Winter events in Texas are booms for grocery stores. Packed all week. Chili and beef stew winterizing at our place.

@MarvB best of luck with the grandson, lemme know.
Yep. I ran to tractor supply to get some new work gloves and it was packed.
Wife wanted venison chili so I ran to brookshires for some Wick Fowler’s chili mix and it was a madhouse. I’ve worked cattle with Charlie Fowler and he’s a hoot! Said the mix is fool proof because two fools came up with it. Lol

Yep. I ran to tractor supply to get some new work gloves and it was packed.
Wife wanted venison chili so I ran to brookshires for some Wick Fowler’s chili mix and it was a madhouse. I’ve worked cattle with Charlie Fowler and he’s a hoot! Said the mix is fool proof because two fools came up with it. Lol
Wicks is what I use, so I suppose foolproof is accurate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back