Did ya hear TX is freezing over?

Yup living it right now in TX, crazy!
Wind chill at -13 at the daughters place right now. Can’t say that’s what I had expected. Garage door froze shut, power out for a few hours as well. Supposed to get even shitier in Wed

Rolling outages and snowpacked roads. Good day for Sitka Incenerator bibs & Kenetreks. Our home escaped the rolling grid blackouts last night...gonna round up the youngest grands and bring em to the house & go check the office and warehouse pipes.

Better buy layers Marv....

Welcome to the New Green Age. As coal and gas fired power plants are decommissioned and society relies on more and more wind and solar power this will become more and more common.
Yea but won't it be great to sit the tall horse with the cool kids?

55C011C0-B345-494E-92D8-6A62CB28A7BE.jpeg
It was 8 degrees when I got up at 5 and it dropped down to 6 for a while. Heater is struggling to keep the house above 60 and I have one frozen waterline in utility room, I’m betting the lines to the washer are froze too.
At least we haven’t lost power yet and both vehicles started up fine.

Loved waking up to 7 with a feel of -13. Glad I moved my office out to a semifinished shed recently.. At least I have warm hunting clothes. Fun Texas weather for sure!

No power but all good in Texas here

Attachments

• 75540727-42D9-447A-83FD-CD2B4AE3E58D.jpeg
    75540727-42D9-447A-83FD-CD2B4AE3E58D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 5A418DFE-0E78-4BD1-AEFF-B63009BE42DB.jpeg
    5A418DFE-0E78-4BD1-AEFF-B63009BE42DB.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Sissies. Drove an hour through blowing, drifting snow at -1 or so to get to work.(warm spell) Get here and find out the main water line is froze somewhere. Managed to piss once before they closed off the restrooms. No drinking water. Management says they are "working diligently" to get some port-a-potties brought in. Funny thing, the washbay for spraying down tractors still works! I can keep working but can't even wash up for lunch! :rolleyes:

OK, done with the petty stuff. Hope you folks with no power get going soon. It's no fun when it's cold! On the bright side, your freezers won't thaw out! ;)

Welcome to the New Green Age. As coal and gas fired power plants are decommissioned and society relies on more and more wind and solar power this will become more and more common.
Today’s rolling blackouts are due more to ERCOT’s crappy, outdated transmission system than to power generation, but your point is well taken. I thought the same thing walking by the neighbor’s solar panels this morning, completely covered in snow.

Still trying to thaw out kitchen sink supply lines here in Austin! managed to scorch the finish on the undercabinet with my propane camping burner.. very nearly the kitchen fire my wife has been waiting for!
She is visiting daughter in so Cal - not sure how she timed it so well? Power has stayed on so far. booze running low send reinforcements

We call this historic Texas event, a Tuesday in Alaska. Stay warm and hope the power comes on for those without. No power and cold weather isn't fun if you don't have alternative heat.
My cousin sent me a pic from his ice hut while he fished for a big northerner yesterday while I thought I was cool making hot chocolate in my backyard.
We give each other a lot of good natured shit talking.

I wish some of you guys from up north would come down here and get your damn weather...7 degrees in San Antonio area this AM with -11 windchill. No power at my place since midnight last night. No frozen water lines at my house but my neighbors have had busted pipes - I’m well stocked on firewood and house is warm enough. Kids thought it was the best day ever. 6” of snow still on the ground and more ice and snow in the forecast...this isn’t supposed to happen down here, we have no equipment to de-ice or plow roads because..well this hasn’t happened in 70 years. Wouldn’t be so bad if I had stocked up on whiskey!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back