Caribou Gear

Did ya hear TX is freezing over?

Course central Oregon could use a few more brain cells in the snow when the flat brimmed are doing beers tours as well.

Been damn cold down here, we have not had power but for a total of 3 hours since Sunday at 2am at my house. Power just came back on 30 minutes ago and is still running....be nice if we could get the house heated before the next round of snow and ice tonight. I’m sure you guys from up north are laughing at us, but hey we’re usually getting ready for water skiing and going to the beach by now. And no, nobody from around here has ever even heard of something called a “snow tire”😄. Glad there aren’t any big game apps due this week, since I’ve had little to no internet or phone data all week. Stay warm fellow Texans, it will be 70 degrees next week!

You can wear skis if you have em.
flat bottom aluminum boat has been working well for most around here.

I watched the water pressure dwindle all night until it finally stopped at 0700 this morning. I promptly starting melting snow, I should have started saving water before that. I’ll blame it on the sleep deprivation. Luckily we have plenty of drinking water for us and the babies bottles.

Supposedly the city has the water plant back up and running but we will have to boil, no biggie.
Still thankful that we haven’t lost power.

went and dug teepee out of snow and was going to install inner tent, fire up stove and take a nap but I lost interest and came back inside. Then we got hit with another couple of inches.

Attachments

• 682201C9-5423-45B5-A3F9-87217F307768.jpeg
    682201C9-5423-45B5-A3F9-87217F307768.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • E8992307-1BAF-4F43-A428-F10F306C9C53.jpeg
    E8992307-1BAF-4F43-A428-F10F306C9C53.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

‘Many Republican politicians were quick to blame renewable energy sources, such as wind power, for the blackouts, but that is not fair. Some wind turbines did indeed freeze, but natural gas, which accounts for around half of the state’s electricity generation, was the primary source of the shortfall. Plants broke down, as did the gas supply chain and pipelines. The cold also caused a reactor at one of the state’s two nuclear plants to go offline. Transmission lines may have also iced up, says Wade Schauer of Wood Mackenzie, an energy-research firm. In short, Texas experienced a perfect storm’

We have been watching the reports in the UK, can't believe what we are seeing, tough conditions if you aren't used to it.
Not just Texas though, Spain, worst snow for 50 years https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-after-storm-filomena-blankets-spain-in-snow
Where I am, I haven't seen a single snow flake, but we did have a little dusting over night last week.
But it's been pretty cold 23°F at night, but coupled with the 55mph winds not nice to be out.
Cheers
Richard

I just wondered why more people aren't always prepared and have their own generators.....

Started snowing again here in San Antonio. Got my parents, sister n her family staying w me n my family cause they don’t have power. Went n cut another load of firewood. Having a good time. Made a bunch of chili n cornbread

The windmills have frozen up and the sums not out. No green energy for Texas. Just rolling blackouts now.
Since Texas gets 90% of it’s electricity from fossil fuels it’s real tough to blame this event on green energy.

Since Texas gets 90% of it’s electricity from fossil fuels it’s real tough to blame this event on green energy.
It makes a good narrative for folks who lack critical thinking skills.

Prayers to all you folks without power and water. This is going to be a mess to clean up. Some good friends' son and his fiance live in Dallas. They are currently here with his folks. I told my wife they should be thankful they are renting and don't own their place, because who knows what sort of plumbing/water damage they are going to return to.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back