Destination Elk v4

mxracer317

Awesome! Destination Elk V4 is FINALLY here!

Feels like it’s been too long, and it totally doesn’t disappoint!

Has a great “Alone” feel to it.

Nice job Corey, @Big Fin & all who made it happen.

It’s gonna be fun watching things unfold. 🏹 🏔

It was a very ambitious project for Corey and John. It was easy for us, as we were going elk hunting for our own purposes. We just let them pick out what footage they thought was helpful.

Not a chance I would try to coordinate that much activity in just one month of a season. I have a hard enough time trying to get our content in four months.

I’ve been curious on when it would come out. Started seeing some teasers last week. I’m assuming that episode 1 is finally out?

We, wife and I, enjoyed the first 2 episodes. I found it interesting to see the backstory of each of the guys. Can't wait to see how each hunt progresses. Cool to see Cory and Donnie go into a new area.

We, wife and I, enjoyed the first 2 episodes. I found it interesting to see the backstory of each of the guys. Can't wait to see how each hunt progresses. Cool to see Cory and Donnie go into a new area.
My wife usually doesn't watch a lot of hunting content with me, but she really enjoyed watching the backstory on all the guys. She had to run upstairs for a minute and she told me to pause it. I was shocked. I'm excited to watch it all play out.

My only complaint and im sure its a ratings thing, but stop putting in the damn youtube title what the outcome of the day is. I want the suspense of the hunt not to already know someone kills an elk before i even play the episode.

We just finished watching the final episode of V4 and what a great series it was. My wife loved to watch Randy and the way he turned a tough elk hunt into a success!! great job and congrats to all of the guys that filled tags it was very entertaining to watch.

We just finished watching the final episode of V4 and what a great series it was. My wife loved to watch Randy and the way he turned a tough elk hunt into a success!! great job and congrats to all of the guys that filled tags it was very entertaining to watch.
I thought it was great too. But I’m not digging the “Alone” TV series format. I’d rather just watch a team go through start to finish in one episode.

Good stuff as usual but as @wa_archer said quit putting the outcome of these damn hunts in the title, I hate knowing the outcome of the episode before I even watch it & you'd think it would help ratings and make people watch all of them instead of just clicking on the videos with dead elk in the title. Also agree with @mxracer317 that I did NOT like the new format, but I did voice my opinions in their survey.

There were some I liked and others I truly didn’t care for. Watching the Oregon guys road hunting in a rig with no license plates and led lights all around it was fairly bad IMO

I watched a couple or rather fast forwarded through a couple and found it to be tough to stick with.

There were some I liked and others I truly didn’t care for. Watching the Oregon guys road hunting in a rig with no license plates and led lights all around it was fairly bad IMO
I strangely enjoyed the pain I felt while watching experienced hunters road-hunt. I love the idea of skimping on the walking part so I can hurry up to the shooting part. Yet, this part of the show just reinforces what/why certain approaches work and along with those that don't. To be a part of the 10% that fills 90% of the tags, road hunting is not the answer.

A little bit of luck helps. It still favors masochists like Corey and a few hard-core grouse hunters.

It is reassuring to know that hunters with frequent success still go through several 10+ mile hike days with little to no elk interaction or sightings.

I like the show, but really want to see Corey's Alaska episodes. For those of you that aren't aware, ElkTalk has about three (3) podcasts recorded before and after the Alaska Elk hunt.

lol, how about team peax ? I personally would have rather watched two ten-year old's stumble around the mountains, i get hunting was tough for them but it was also tough for Randy & Michael but at least they were entertaining.

I suspect that some of you complaining about road hunting for Roosevelt's don't know much about the coast range. There is almost nothing that is more than a mile from a road, and honestly very little that is more than a quarter mile from a road. Just the way it is. Add to that the amount of head-high alder/salal/sword fern/devil's club, and you often can't just walk off road. You think twice before you start hiking. It's thick, noisy, scratchy, and soaking wet, and you're just not going to walk up on elk.

I laughed at one point in one of the episodes where Michael P. said something about how thick it was, and he could only see about a hundred yards. That would be a large clearing in many parts of the coast range. Visibility less than 20 yards is quite normal.

I like hunting the coast range sometimes, but there are also reasons I'm willing to drive several hours and hunt the northeast part of the state, too.

QQ

I get that the Oregon terrain may control it, but my wife dubbed them "team lazy". They left the truck what 3 times, once got close to elk, the other two said "i think its a hunter". Pretty sad when you compare them to others.

also showed the power of horses!

It was actually GREAT to see teams go miles and miles with nothing, even Corey's magical calling couldn't force a bull into answering! Made us feel better! Also nice to hear the different quality callers, some were great, some, well not so much. Also made us realize you don't have to be perfect

For the father/son team where the dad has his string jump the cam. That's why I have a portable bow press, it would be in the truck for just such an emergency - unless more happen than the string jumping the cam.

Randy does like his grouse!

Back