Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Desert Sheep hunt in the Escalante 2007

poormanslam

Well this is my first picture load. A friend of mine had an uncle that drew this tag and I went along. There had been little rain so you can see the water hole we had to drink from. We tried everything to filter the water, it pretty much looked like Tang even after we filtered it. We drank that stuff for 3 days until the rain hit. You can see that we were pretty ecstatic to see "fresh" water. The last picture is the green burrito. There is a human in that tarp and he slept through the storm the enitre night. My tent had a pretty good stream of water running underneath it. Trip of a lifetime.

Attachments

• Escalante044.jpg
    Escalante044.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 497
  • Escalante046.jpg
    Escalante046.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 492
  • Escalante049.jpg
    Escalante049.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 503
  • Escalante055.jpg
    Escalante055.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 503
We found sheep but no rams on this trip they went in later and killed a decent old ram. The weather was actually real nice except for the one day that the huge storm came through. It is some of the the most remote and scenic country in the lower 48. If you get a chance get into that place. I did not think we would get our vehicles out because of the washouts. They brought a cat in and bladed the road.

Holy Moly that water did not look good. I guess thats why I always take Anti-D tabs with me, in case I have to drink filtered water like that. Thanks for sharing the pic's.

It is in Utah, it is classified as possibly the most remote area in the lower 48. They base that claim on the number of miles to the nearest road. I think it and the Wyoming Thorofare are the winners of that title. He said that he did not sleep at all because the rain just kept hitting the tarp in front of his face and was very loud. I wish I had the time to write out the whole story on this but I do no think they would want me to and it would take me forever. Alot of ill prepared situtations. I think the only pictures of the ram are on a cell phone. I took some of the young rams and ewes through a spotting scope but do not have them loaded. The sheep have pretty small bodies on them.

Attachments

• Escalante063.jpg
    Escalante063.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 361
Pics of a Desert Sheep, only on a cell phone?

Holy Moly. Are you sure they are from Utah? Should be a gang of 10 plus, in a digital remastered framed poster sized hero shot:D

Back