Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Deer w/Arrow in it's head

Thats messed up!

I saw a a huge muley with an arrow sticking out of both sides of his upper back. Bet the anti's love sights like this

Seems real but that picture sure looks fake. Not to say anyone created or anything, however, the edged of that arrow where it goes in and out of the face of that deer look way to crisp and clean. As well with that type of broadhead you would think there would be a lot more impact damage.
Crazy though and if it is real, I hope they are able to get that deer and either get it mended up or put down and the meat donated somewhere.

Seems surprising that the arrow wouldn't have snapped. I would've expected that it would've run past a tree after getting shot and busted the arrow. That sucker really sticks out there.

I cant believe the broadhead is just barely thru the head. I would think it would go completely thru, or at least a little farther.

The broadhead is pretty clean for having traveled through a deers face. Looks photoshopped to me.

If it's fake then there's a lot of news agencies fooled by it. What makes me think it's not fake is that their wildlife agency has been out there looking for it. Not sure a lady randomly posting a pic on her FB page would go through all that for a fake pic, but you never know these days, people will do anything for a little publicity.

Last edited:
Something doesn't look right to me either. Old school archery equipment; feathered fletching, aluminum arrow and a broadhead made by Fred Flintstone. Weird setup although when I blew up the pic, it looks like there is blood and soft tissue on the arrow between the entry wound and the rear of the arrow, so maybe the arrow went further through and then got pushed back till it the broadhead wouldn't push back through. Sucks, regardless.

Something doesn't look right to me either. Old school archery equipment; feathered fletching, aluminum arrow and a broadhead made by Fred Flintstone.

Its a Zwicky broadhead. Typical traditional gear. Doesn't look all that strange to me.

As far as penetration... consider it was shot out of a recurve or long bow at slower speed, plus went through bone...

Here's a deer in Fairbanks from a couple weeks ago. Does it seem odd that it didn't penetrate further?

Shit happens, and usually happens more often with archery equipment. ;)

5272ecd500b35.image.jpg

http://www.newsminer.com/features/o...1e3-808a-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=image&photo=1

Here's another example of upstanding bow hunters just trying to fill their freezer.
http://www.alaskadispatch.com/artic...bowhunting-trio-charged-chasing-moose-airboat
critter_gitter.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back