Deadheads - Let's see 'em

20191005_090925[1].jpg20191019_174410[1].jpg

This dead head was the first and only game animal dead head I have ever found. I found him in a really nasty slope that rarely sees the sun. Still has a fair amount of pink flesh around. Any guess on how long it may have been laying there?

The Jaws are obviously not a deadhead, but I found them near the corner of utah, nevada and Idaho. They were laying inches apart and no other bones were present. Can anybody tell me what animal these may be from? I honestly have no guess.

View attachment 117509View attachment 117510

This dead head was the first and only game animal dead head I have ever found. I found him in a really nasty slope that rarely sees the sun. Still has a fair amount of pink flesh around. Any guess on how long it may have been laying there?

The Jaws are obviously not a deadhead, but I found them near the corner of utah, nevada and Idaho. They were laying inches apart and no other bones were present. Can anybody tell me what animal these may be from? I honestly have no guess.
The jaws look to be from some sort of rodent. Possibly a prairie dog or marmot.

1571686901146.png

This is a possiblity. We do have what I refer to as "Rock Chucks," out there, but rarely are they seen. The teeth in the your picture seem more rectangle and buck tooth shaped. I may need to get another picture of them, but they front are very round, almost thick fang looking in my opinion.

Still as I mentioned, I have no idea. You could be dead on.

Found this last year, in a unit where spikes haven’t been legal in a long time. Maybe someone found them all, maybe...

3FEC9B35-C346-4932-AE68-519603A9D8B0.jpeg

Never got the chance but I’d love to stumble on a bison skull one day. Just for the historical factor of it and my lifelong fascination with them.

Never got the chance but I’d love to stumble on a bison skull one day. Just for the historical factor of it and my lifelong fascination with them.
I have found around a dozen. Most were in pretty bad shape. If you spend enough time in dry washes in the badlands of Eastern Montana or North Dakota you will find one.

I have found around a dozen. Most were in pretty bad shape. If you spend enough time in dry washes in the badlands of Eastern Montana or North Dakota you will find one.
That’s awesome! I live in Central NC. They’re pretty non existent here.

My young son and I found this guy while on his cow elk hunt last week. After getting permission from and paying a small fee to NM Game & Fish, we went back and got the deadhead. My kid's going to put it in his room once I clean it up. I am assuming the bull died during the archery season but cant say that for sure.

ElkDeadheadLay.jpg

ElkDeadheadHike.jpg

My young son and I found this guy while on his cow elk hunt last week. After getting permission from and paying a small fee to NM Game & Fish, we went back and got the deadhead. My kid's going to put it in his room once I clean it up. I am assuming the bull died during the archery season but cant say that for sure.

View attachment 122276

Dang thats a cool elk! Good find!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back