De-publicize, De-glorify and De-monetize Western State Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we all are, but not all of us are trying to take stuff away from others to fix the #*^@#*-ups of our past. Learning from your mistakes is part of life, and certainly part of advocacy.

And as I said, while this effort is something a lot of folks would support (I certainly support 90-10 if that's what WY residents want), it comes across as a selfish ploy to get his honey hole back to himself, rather than fix the mess he helped create.
What do you call 90-10 in MT, ID, CO (for some things), SD, ND, UT, NV, OR, etc?

Selfish ploy?

I don't and I don't see Wyoming Residents wanting the same here as a selfish ploy either.

As to the past f-ups, lots of blame to go around there, and blaming that on one person, while convenient to make your point (again I agree with your context), just isn't reality.

I think a lot of people are working awfully hard to correct those and hind-sight is sure a nice luxury....

What do you call 90-10 in MT, ID, CO (for some things), SD, ND, UT, NV, OR, etc?

Selfish ploy?

I don't and I don't see Wyoming Residents wanting the same here as a selfish ploy either.

As to the past f-ups, lots of blame to go around there, and blaming that on one person, while convenient to make your point (again I agree with your context), just isn't reality.

I think a lot of people are working awfully hard to correct those and hind-sight is sure a nice luxury....

I said I support 90-10 in WY. Not in disagreement there. My irony meter is just pegged from a guy who comes on here and attacks our host, and the groups in WY that do the heavy lifting (and who were thrown under the bus by Rob during the Pinedale boom) because his approach is off-putting & narcissistic.

Shooting the messenger sure, but it's pretty hypocritical given his past, and tag allocation isn't about the resource, it's about who gets to kill what, right?

I said I support 90-10 in WY. Not in disagreement there. My irony meter is just pegged from a guy who comes on here and attacks our host, and the groups in WY that do the heavy lifting (and who were thrown under the bus by Rob during the Pinedale boom) because his approach is off-putting & narcissistic.

Shooting the messenger sure, but it's pretty hypocritical given his past, and tag allocation isn't about the resource, it's about who gets to kill what, right?
No, not right. As NR opportunities diminish elsewhere, its more important than ever that Residents of Wyoming continue our hunting traditions here. You know, so we can create advocates in Wyoming that actually live here and understand land, conservation, and wildlife issues important to Wyoming. NR's like to come here and are concerned about Wyoming at application time, draw results time, and the days they spend here killing wildlife.

I noticed not a single NR hunter participating at the Commission meeting...as per always.

#1 is up for grabs next year if you’ll go elk hunting with me in the big scary wilderness.
I have two good friends that just burned 6 points each to hunt the thorofare this year, because another "good buddy" from Wyoming promised to take them in. After they applied the so called "good buddy" got real wishy washy about taking them in there.

I have two good friends that just burned 6 points each to hunt the thorofare this year, because another "good buddy" from Wyoming promised to take them in. After they applied the so called "good buddy" got real wishy washy about taking them in there.
Yeah I'm going to just pull Buzz's address from the clerk and recorder and show up on his door step the day before the season.

I'll either get shot or it will be a fun hunt, 50/50... so better odds than any draw in WY.

No, not right. As NR opportunities diminish elsewhere, its more important than ever that Residents of Wyoming continue our hunting traditions here. You know, so we can create advocates in Wyoming that actually live here and understand land, conservation, and wildlife issues important to Wyoming. NR's like to come here and are concerned about Wyoming at application time, draw results time, and the days they spend here killing wildlife.

I noticed not a single NR hunter participating at the Commission meeting...as per always.
not trying to be a jerk but when did non resident voices actually become important to how Wyoming(not just Wyoming) manages its wildlife.

Selfish ploy?

No one asked me but I'd take 90/10 on all LE draw, + make MSG guided only if WY would up the NR general quota and drop the wilderness guide rule.

Last edited:
Mountain Pursuit didn't develop DDD, but when it came onto our radar we saw it aligned with what we've seen and have been advocating for several years now.

The brutal truth of hunting is that animals suffer and die for the hunter's recreation. Defending this politically is difficult in any environment, but what's happening now via the industry marketing onslaught and social media is this is out there for everyone to see and for anti-hunters to take advantage of. And they are, brilliantly.
4de8df208a00ac5e25076839d884e339.png

Running the Mountain Tacticool and MtnPrst at the same time reminds me of the roadside vendor I saw selling flags and blankets. Black Lives Matter commie fist flags and KamalaKween blankets on one side of his stand and Buck Fiden, F your Feelings, TRUMP2024, Gadsden flags on the other.

Talk about drinking from both wells.

I’m not a resident. I question how much a commissioner would or should value my opinion. So, why would I drive to a meeting?

I’m willing to bet I’m not the only NR hunter on this board who has written far more letters to commissioners and submitted more comments on out of state issues than the vast majority of resident hunters in those states. And, that’s sad and pathetic.

Running the Mountain Tacticool and MtnPrst at the same time reminds me of the roadside vendor I saw selling flags and blankets. Black Lives Matter commie fist flags and KamalaKween blankets on one side of his stand and Buck Fiden, F your Feelings, TRUMP2024, Gadsden flags on the other.

Talk about drinking from both wells.
It's called hedging.

I’m not a resident. I question how much a commissioner would or should value my opinion. So, why would I drive to a meeting?

I’m willing to bet I’m not the only NR hunter on this board who has written far more letters to commissioners and submitted more comments on out of state issues than the vast majority of resident hunters in those states. And, that’s sad and pathetic.
Uhhh I didn't drive either...this technology thing makes it so you don't have to. And people still aren't showing up via easy technology. Pre-Covid they MAY have had an excuse...not now.

Agree that Residents need to step it up...bigely.

Last edited:
What does that have to do with NR participation at a WY commission meeting on tag allocations? or anything in WY
What happens to the deer herd in WY if we all (NR) decide screw WY and all of us, even the hippies, and direct the BLM to max out development on the Jonah field.

WY residents control the herd but US residents control the majority of habitat.

What happens to the deer herd in WY if we all (NR) decide screw WY and all of us, even the hippies, and direct the BLM to max out development on the Jonah field.

WY residents control the herd but US residents control the majority of habitat.
I'm not arguing that point 1 bit. but again it's not addressing my question of NR input at a WYOMING commission meeting...maybe I missed something in this thread or its above my paygrade....carry on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back