Daytona

Big Slick

How cool is it that a kid that turned twenty the day before the race wins! At least he doesn't act like the Busch bros!!:D

Does anyone know what NASCAR actually stands for? Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks

Only saw the last 16 laps, but nice to see an unknown win. Sounds like he is going to be a busy kid for awhile with appearances, etc.

He has all year to race in the Nationwide Series and 5 races with the big boys, I think they did this so he will still be a rookie next year.

Good for him! I Tivo'd it and when I got home Scanned through it at Warp Speed only to have the sucker quit recording during the Last Black/White Checker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If ya don't want to watch Nascar, Oprah has started a channel for ya! John

I was on the edge of my seat right up until jr's flat tire. I sure am happy for the Wood brothers. Now if Petty's teams could get a win that would be cool. Anyhow, anybody but kryle busch, and that's not a typo.

It was anybody's race from the first wreck. It wasn't such a bad race, and Im happy for the youngster. From the interviews he sounds like a down to earth kid.

As far as Junior is concerned, I think he's just snake bit. Even when he seems to do all the right things, he just can't win.

It was anybody's race from the first wreck. It wasn't such a bad race, and Im happy for the youngster. From the interviews he sounds like a down to earth kid.

As far as Junior is concerned, I think he's just snake bit. Even when he seems to do all the right things, he just can't win.

It looked like Hendrick was snake bit, 3 cars in one crash!!:hump:

actually, this is the last year he can contend for rookie of the year. hes commited to 5 races and nascar only allows 4. he will probably race fulltime in nationwide, but it wouldnt surprise me to see him run a full year in the cup to contend for rookie. im not taking anything away from this guy, he did a hell of a job. however, it was a restrictor plate race. im not sold until we get to some of the 1, 1 1/2, and 1.2 mile tracks where handling and skill are more of an issue. anyways, pretty cool to see the silver fox's ol 21 back in victory cirle with the wood brothers. junior will get it done this year i believe. i think he wins at least 4 races and contends for the cup

im sure it will be if nascar will quit making changes. my wife and i will be at talladega this year so it should be more of the two car tango. so far ive been to bristol, daytona, charlotte, talladega, richmond, martinsville, pocono, phoenix, fontana, and michigan. i have to say that bristol and talladega are my personal favorites

Don't get me wrong bow hunter, I'm not saying he's the next JJ. I just like the energy he had as as a first time winner and at Daytona to boot. Hopefully he doesn't turn into the next Derrick Cope.

it was a great race, to see the look on that kid's face when he jumped outta the car was priceless, it was a nice break from the usual jimmy johnson win

actually, this is the last year he can contend for rookie of the year. hes commited to 5 races and nascar only allows 4. he will probably race fulltime in nationwide, but it wouldnt surprise me to see him run a full year in the cup to contend for rookie. im not taking anything away from this guy, he did a hell of a job. however, it was a restrictor plate race. im not sold until we get to some of the 1, 1 1/2, and 1.2 mile tracks where handling and skill are more of an issue. anyways, pretty cool to see the silver fox's ol 21 back in victory cirle with the wood brothers. junior will get it done this year i believe. i think he wins at least 4 races and contends for the cup

Actually the rule states that you can run 7 cup races before losing your rookie status!;)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back