PEAX Equipment

Daylight saving BS?

I've never minded the changing back and forth. Most of my life I never went to bed or got up at the same time everyday anyway, so it doesn't make much difference what the clock says. I haven't set an alarm clock in 30 years and haven't worn a watch or carried any time piece for even longer. Except for very recently, I sometimes have my phone on me now days. But that isn't for the clock it's for the camera.

had to start the stop watch before we fell asleep saturday night so if the baby woke us up at 1:30 we knew which 1:30 we were in. never had to do that before.

I just hate having to readjust my sleep schedule twice a year. Can’t change the total hours of daylight.

It is not a hill that I'd die on, but the current system works better than staying trying to have daylight savings time year around. At northern latitudes the hours of daylight get pretty short by November.

The school bus goes past our home a few minutes after 7am. It was dark as night last week, when the kids were catching the bus. By December, the sunrise locally is a bit before 8am on standard time...or 9am if staying on daylight savings time.

I worked enough shift work that changing a routine by an hour is a non event. I do know that in the summer having so much free time after work while it was still light outside was a pleasure.

Heres a novel idea. Maybe the states should just make their own dang decision on the matter and leave the feds out of it eh? It will be 40 years before they decide what to do and most of us will be dead anyway. What a waste of time. Pun intended

Theoretically wouldn't a time system based around Solar noon for the middle of the time zone be the most equitable on morning and evening daylight hours?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back