Daughters First Two Deer

genesis273

S4200224.jpg

This is a small buck by anyones standards but I took my daughter on a Public Land Youth hunt on a wildlife refuge in NC last Saturday. She took this three point that morning and a big doe right at dark. I have never seen her so excited until she watched the buck hit the ground at the shot. Then when the doe came up and she shot it and it ran off, she was jumping up and down saying that she could not believe she killed her first two in one day. I have seen and killed much bigger deer but these were the best trophies that I have ever dragged out of the woods. Had to be the best day that I have spent in 25+ years deer hunting! These are "true" trophies!

It looks like the barrel of the gun is pointing at her but trust me it`s not.

In case your wondering, NC does not have antler restrictions.

Last edited:
Very well done! I'm sure those memories will last her lifetime.

Genesis....
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Nice...... :D :D

Such a lovely daughter in the picture. I can't wait to get my daughter out.... but at 10 months, she's still a tad young :)

Not to be a meany pants, but the picture would be so much better if you tucked the tounge back in the mouth. Just my opinion.

Thanks for posting the picture and story !! Good luck on future hunts and trips !!!!

Congradulations to your daughter, doubleheader to boot. That buck has to be twice as big as my first and this post just shot me back 7 yrs to my daughters first, Thanks

genesis273...that is the greatest hunting memory a dad will ever experience,,,my daughter shot her 1st deer in the MO youth season 2 yrs ago...like your daughters...it was a 'true trophy'. I have never been so proud or so excited...and it was an experience my daughter loved too...(btw...let her tell boy school mates and she gets instant respect and envy).
Tell your daughter congrats from a fellow hunter with a 'deer hunting daughter'
And always remember daughters keep dads hearts tender.

Genesis....

Not to be a meany pants, but the picture would be so much better if you tucked the tounge back in the mouth. Just my opinion.

!!!!

Moosie, your absolutely right. I thought about that but this picture was taken right after she picked it up. I didn`t have time to dress it up for a photo-op. She wanted the picture taken right then. Later, I did wash all the blood off and the tongue was removed and pitures were taken but they didn`t show the wonderful smile that is on this picture. When I look at this picture I see that big proud smile and not so much the deer. I figured you guys have seen plenty of tongues hanging out. I knew you would understand.

Also, thanks to everyone with all the congrats! I`ll let her read all of these.

Genesis:

Like you mentioned, that will probably be the highlight of your hunting career. No matter how big of a critter you ever take, your child's first deer will still top that.

Big congrats to her, and to you for getting her into hunting.

Thanks for the the pics and story. Looking forward to following her other hunts that you take her on.

Congrats to your daughter and you!! ;)

There is nothing that compares to sharing your childs first kill!

But...just wait...you will feel it again many times over the years with her!

That feeling will come back everytime she pulls the trigger.

Very nice story. Congrats to dad and daughter. I hope to be behind the camera next year taking a picture of a very similar smile. :)

Looks like a HUGE deer to me. I doubt you'll ever be in on another kill that will look as big, unless maybe your grandaughter's someday.

Congratulations!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back