Darn knees

Good luck to you my friend,hope you have a speedy recovery, you will be kicking field goals again before you know.

Bit the bullet on Monday, now to see if I can do things right with the artificial one 🤷🏻‍♂️
mine is now 3 months old and being fanatical about rehab i am at about 90% the big thing was continuing to press on with flexion work it will hurt but breaking the adhesions and scar tissue will be worth it. Riding horses every day and even barn work. Just hauled two horses to Pennsylvania and as long as we switched drivers every 3 hours and I got out to move and stretch it was good, I did wear the compression sock as sitting builds up fluid and can be uncomfortable. Good luck with your recovery!

I didn’t read through the entire thread so forgive me if this has already been brought up. Sounds nuts but it’s worth a shot if you’re suffering from arthritis or any kind of inflammation. Fasting has been incredible in helping me fix inflammation and nerve pain in my knees, neck and ankles. Something about the autophagy and growth hormone increase that I think is incredibly healing. I was really worried I’d have to stop backpack hunting when I started having pain, numbness, tingling and loss of strength in my neck and running down my arm. A couple 30 hour dry fasts fixed the problem. Pm me if you want to talk more about it

Any chance many of you psoriasis sufferers consume a lot sugar and/or use a tobacco product?

After suffering from many years of neglecting my body, my knees were bad! I damaged them from football, oval sled racing, stupid high speed stunts, that I can't believe I would have actually lived this long and into my retirement. I carried moose quarters for hundreds of yards to the canoe every season. I prided myself at been able to carry a huge load. I walked a lifetime through the boreal forrests in search of another life experience. Walked unreal distances through slashes, blowdowns, swamps, and primary forrest all the while wearing out my knees. Too many pairs of crutches through it all. I should have never made it!

Anyways, I just couldn't take the pain my damaged knees were giving me. And I lost the stability. I was pooched!

Today I sit on the lounger, tending my bionic knees. Surgery was four days ago on my second knee. Regulating pain meds has been very important after the surgery. I dislike pain meds, as they make me feel terrible. But I am surviving. Moments of unreal pain. But I made it through the last one this past November. Hopefully, I do recover as well with this one. Because my other is almost entirely pain free, and I have my stability back with it.

I just couldn't deal with the pain along with the limited abilty, and decided this was my only option. If it goes as well or better than the last recovery, then I will be back on the water or off to deer camp in a month. Sure do hope so!

Here is todays pic!
Another of the zipper.
Jeff

Attachments

• 20210501_114526.jpg
    20210501_114526.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210428_061722.jpg
    20210428_061722.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • tmp1.gif
    tmp1.gif
    495.7 KB · Views: 2
Who uses knee braces? There are some heavy duty ones out there I'm considering but getting one that really works is what I'd like to hear about.
I feel like any neoprene brace that gets good coverage seems to help a lot in the short term whether I’m dealing with a tendon or ligament strain, or arthritic type pain in the joint. I assume it’s a heat thing. It could be a mental thing.

I'm 57 and have lived with pain in my left knee since I was 13 when I nearly lost my leg in a motorcycle accident hitting a car.
By age 19 I developed arthritis and would flee to Hawaii every winter for relief. I've lived in the desert now for the past 25+ years and that helps.
Basically I just push through the pain. I don't like taking pills of any kind. I wear a knee brace and keep plenty hydrated.
What type of knee brace do you wear?
Thanks,
Reef

Lots of suggestions to get out n move more. For me it was kinda the opposite. And I just wore some joints out. Had one shoulder totally replaced. Neck fused because it was cutting my spinal cord in half. Bone spurs in my hands. But this is my life and I love it ! When the surgeon asked if I remember hurting my neck. I tell him about when I slipped on the side of a mountain while showing our daughter one of the most beautiful places in the world that I've seen. Where 50 pound salmon stack up n spawn at the base of a waterfall. Where her great grandparents homesteaded in the 50s n her was grandmother raised.
It can hurt bad. But there's this thing in me that just wants to do more. And my kids are still around me n now I have grandkids to teach.
For me I didn't listen when my body was telling me to wow down. Just work through the pain. I ended up doing a bunch of nerve damage n getting new body parts. And learning that the slow game is the winning game.
I may be on the couch but my mind is in the bush

Back