CZ 457 .22 lr

Schaaf

I’ve got a Meopta Meopro 3-9x42 that needs a home and I have an itch to get a decent squirrel gun. Tell me why I need one, I’m only here for validation.

I’ve got a Meopta Meopro 3-9x42 that needs a home and I have an itch to get a decent squirrel gun. Tell me why I need one, I’m only here for validation.
You can test drive mine in March if you hold out that long.

A hunter who doesn't own a decent .22 is like an artist who doesn't own a sketch book. I mean, you don't want to ruin 6 canvases while you're practicing how to draw hands... Or something like that. I mean, just get the darn rifle. You need one.
In fact you need to buy one for yourself and one for me.

I have a cz52 with Williams peep sights I shot as a kid in 4h competitions. It's no Anschuz, but for the money they are great accurate rifles and the walnut sticks are good quality. A scoped 457 is in my future.

As a side note, if you buy a cleaning rod make sure it's a .20cal. J Dewey rods specifically states you need a smaller cleaning rod because the cz rifles are very tight bored.

Last edited:
Best sqirel gun is a .410 Taurus Judge w/ a 2" barrel. Y'er bound to hit it with one of 'em bb's. I'll buy one to trade ya - if'n y'er interested.

I am an avid squirrel hunter and really enjoy my 457. Very accurate and well built for its price point. Do it.

When we had out range day with the entire CZ line love of the 457 was UNANIMOUS ...... Scorpions were great fun, the other pistols were great and the big bore rifles were good shooters......but those rimfires are just wonderful shooters. When I have grandkids that will be my first purchase for each one :)

When we had out range day with the entire CZ line love of the 457 was UNANIMOUS ...... Scorpions were great fun, the other pistols were great and the big bore rifles were good shooters......but those rimfires are just wonderful shooters. When I have grandkids that will be my first purchase for each one :)
Hi Grandpa!!😉

It's too big for the kids to shoot, so you'll have to get them a small one too.

So, double win.

I have a 452 in 22lr and a 455 in 17hmr and both are nice guns. I know the 22 is very very accurate. I haven’t shot the 17 enough to know how it shoots

The question is: Why would you NOT need one?

And that's not a decent squirrel gun, it's a really sweet one...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back