Caribou Gear

CWD Whitetail Confirmed in Libby

IMO, we can extrapolate this to mean it is MUCH more widespread than previously thought, as it is a hell of a long ways from Sweetgrass to Libby. I would also take this to mean north Idaho and NE Washington are certain to see this, if they are not already.

I literally just finished reading the same story before I jumped onto HT.

As much as everyone wishes and tries, I just don't see this as being able to be contained. I believe our only hope is a cure, and as of right now that's not looking so good.

Crazy, considering it takes the disease over 2 years to get the deer to that point of sickness. Makes ya wonder.

Didn't see that you posted before me, BHR.

I think many thought the Divide might prolong exposure. I wonder what ID and WA response plans look like and how they may gear up.

I also wonder if this may have been a human caused, perhaps bringing an unknowningly infected carcass back. Probably will never know.

Everything I read states that the diseased prions reside in the brain and spinal tissue. So states respond by disallowing transportation of those parts out of CWD areas. It seems to me that is not enough. Hunters leave heads and spines in the field where the prions sit and wait for the next deer to infect. We should be requiring hunters in CWD areas to remove head and spine from the field and dispose of it at a Fish and Wildlife office or check station. Remove the source from the field instead of leaving it out there.

CWD has been found in Reindeer in Norway and camels in North Africa. Hard to know if this is new or not. At least it hasn’t jump to humans yet.

One would think that somewhere there is someone with the brains to figure out an oral vaccine or cure that could be dropped into infected areas in food pellets or something. Maybe I just think to simple.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back