Custom Rifle Completion

Anytime T Bone!

The stock I had tried before was an A1-3, had a great feel to it, just too wide of a forend for the hunting rifle I wanted.

Spitz- Great weight for an all-arounder! Again, well done.

NHY- I didn't say the case heads were different, because as you posted they are the same. The RUM cases are rebated and the STW is not. A guy on "the other board" built a 26 Nosler, which is based on the RUM case, using a Reminton 700 in 7 Rem Mag as a donor. In his case the feedrails/magazine had to be opened to get the fatter Nosler case to feed. A STW is just a long 7 Rem Mag for the most part. You may not have a problem, just think it would be worth it to check it out first. Since you like 7s, there is a 28 Nosler now! :D

http://www.nosler.com/news-and-articles/2015/1/19/the-28-nosler

I don't typically carry a bipod in the field. I've always just used a backpack or a tripod to shoot from. The exception is antelope hunting, and for that I like the Stoney Point. For practice I shoot from an Atlas and that was the main reason for the picatinny rail on the forend. It does come back almost 2" from the stock swivel stud, but I have not noticed any interference with my forward hand.

I was wondering if you were using something like that or a GG&G. Atlas are nice bipods, but not really great for hunting. Might as well just use a pack.

Spitz thanks for answering my question about the stock. I fretted over the same thing with this rifle I'm having built. I decided on the McM Game Scout. You might want to give it a look down the road. Either way, congratulations on having a very nice rifle built. I look forward to seeing what hits the ground because of it.

That's one heck of a gun you've got there. Can you tell us how much the cost was for your custom build?

Back