Custom Rifle Completion

Anytime T Bone!

The stock I had tried before was an A1-3, had a great feel to it, just too wide of a forend for the hunting rifle I wanted.

Spitz- Great weight for an all-arounder! Again, well done.

NHY- I didn't say the case heads were different, because as you posted they are the same. The RUM cases are rebated and the STW is not. A guy on "the other board" built a 26 Nosler, which is based on the RUM case, using a Reminton 700 in 7 Rem Mag as a donor. In his case the feedrails/magazine had to be opened to get the fatter Nosler case to feed. A STW is just a long 7 Rem Mag for the most part. You may not have a problem, just think it would be worth it to check it out first. Since you like 7s, there is a 28 Nosler now! :D

http://www.nosler.com/news-and-articles/2015/1/19/the-28-nosler

I don't typically carry a bipod in the field. I've always just used a backpack or a tripod to shoot from. The exception is antelope hunting, and for that I like the Stoney Point. For practice I shoot from an Atlas and that was the main reason for the picatinny rail on the forend. It does come back almost 2" from the stock swivel stud, but I have not noticed any interference with my forward hand.

I was wondering if you were using something like that or a GG&G. Atlas are nice bipods, but not really great for hunting. Might as well just use a pack.

Spitz thanks for answering my question about the stock. I fretted over the same thing with this rifle I'm having built. I decided on the McM Game Scout. You might want to give it a look down the road. Either way, congratulations on having a very nice rifle built. I look forward to seeing what hits the ground because of it.

That's one heck of a gun you've got there. Can you tell us how much the cost was for your custom build?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back