Caribou Gear

Current state of affairs on HT

I agree with many on here that the political games are rediculous. I try not to indulge though I do at times, then regret it. There are a few that only seem to comment on something when a good argument is sure to follow. Not sure how they find the time.

As noted, the bickering and griping all seems to go away when season starts but it does seem to get a bit worse each off season. I think I clearly fall in line with Randy11 on all of this. Wish I felt differently. As Big Fin said, it seems to follow society as a whole, but still not a good thing.

Not sure why I'm even bothering to post. Guess I'd just throw my opinion in the thread as well.

Really guys? The smack talk of the past is far more entertaining than present.

How long would this thread last today? Mind you this is 2012... and Randy was post #2... This went some 117 posts. A fun read... haha! Especially considering today's NRA. 🤣

Screenshot_20200810-201802_Chrome.jpg

The political back and forth... well heck, its in this one thread, I pulled snips of other threads though for sake of a direct correlation with past and present. The past was the wild west... present? Baby cakes.

Here's the thread for those who've forgotten the past.

Reminds me of Hanks song. He does a pretty good one with his buds. Old school unplugged.

I got so bored I read this thread. If it doesn’t have anything to do with hunting I scroll on by.

When I started I know someone's signature said something to the effect that "soandso and @JoseCuervo are the same guy." For the life of me I can't remember whose signature that was and who Jose's alter ego were though.

Yep back in the day; JoseCuervo, Pedro, Hose B, ElkGunner, you never knew who the hell you were really talking to when the muck was getting tossed...well maybe @Moosie knew lol

I am a relatively new member to HT. I would like to say that the ugliness on this forum is far less than other forums. I like it here for that reason and the "WHY".

Ok, so I logged on from a different computer and saw a notice at the top of the page that new members can't start a thread until they've made 10 posts. I assume this is new and perhaps a result of some of the feedback here? Always just automatically logged in on my phone, so haven't seen that before.

FWIW, I think it's a good thing in weeding out the drive-by posters and spammers, and may help encourage people to actually engage here.

Ok, so I logged on from a different computer and saw a notice at the top of the page that new members can't start a thread until they've made 10 posts. I assume this is new and perhaps a result of some of the feedback here? Always just automatically logged in on my phone, so haven't seen that before.

FWIW, I think it's a good thing in weeding out the drive-by posters and spammers, and may help encourage people to actually engage here.
Sorry for your hastle, but that's a great idea!

I catch myself lately just hitting the 'like' button and moving on when in the past I probably would have actually posted a response, even if it was just a simple 'Congrats' or 'Nice bool' (but hardly ever '+1'). I guess it's about quick, easy and instantaneous, like everything else these days.

I never thought about the Like button as a contest of sorts - Totally forgot about reaction score... Man, I need to work on that. @Gerald Martin got me beat...

Maybe a few more moderators/referees to take some of the burden off Mr. & Mrs. Fin. Then they may actually enjoy checking the site instead of grimacing every time they log on.
When a thread gets in the ditch, I personally don't have much problem giving it the quick pass and not look back, but I could see the need to put a stern foot down every now and then...

Ban Button GIF by swerk

A blue thumb "+1" for ya Festus. Here's to catching up with Gerald... maybe our Wednesday word blue tithe will assist ya. 😇

“ Hey I’ve never been here before but I just drew a once in a lifetime tag and I’m looking for advice. I’m not ever gonna come back and say thank you or post any photos to share my story I just want the handouts “ 😂 yea it’d be cool if we could weed out those.

“ Hey I’ve never been here before but I just drew a once in a lifetime tag and I’m looking for advice. I’m not ever gonna come back and say thank you or post any photos to share my story I just want the handouts “ 😂 yea it’d be cool if we could weed out those.
But it's so gratifying to flame those people. Just makes me feel better about myself when I see them get hammered even though I know it's mean.
I always get a chuckle when those people get 10 "Welcome to HT" responses. It's such a gentle little jab that they probably don't understand but has to be annoying to the noob that doesn't understand the etiquette.

But it's so gratifying to flame those people. Just makes me feel better about myself when I see them get hammered even though I know it's mean.
I always get a chuckle when those people get 10 "Welcome to HT" responses. It's such a gentle little jab that they probably don't understand but has to be annoying to the noob that doesn't understand the etiquette.
I’m pretty sure @JohnCushman is the all time score leader in Welcome to HT game. 😂

Back