MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Crock Pot Recipe?

idnative1948

Want to make up a crock pot of elk sloppy joes for daughter's family for this weekend after she gets out of a semi-minor surgery.
Question is, can you use the same recipe you use for beef hamburger? Just wondering due to the lean. This is ground elk, not elk hamburger.

Depends on the recipe and if there is any additional moisture from the ingredients like onions or tomato sauce. I think it should be fine but a little butter always makes everything taste better.

Tomato, onion, green pepper, celery. Just a little concerned may turn out too dry.

Depends on the recipe and if there is any additional moisture from the ingredients like onions or tomato sauce. I think it should be fine but a little butter always makes everything taste better.

If it looks dry as your cooking it, I'd just add some olive oil (if you want to be healthier) or bacon grease (if you want it to taste best) until its where you want it. I'd do it on the fly instead of at the beginning.

Thanks gentlemen,
A dab of bacon grease? Good idea!
Bbq sauce? Of course!
Don't need fat? Need a little grease or oil. I just think it is too dry without.

Whoa! Back up. Wife just called and said one of the kids is allergic to celery? WTH! Better to find out now.
You just HAVE to have celery in SJs!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwdrx
Back