Crispi Boot Stretching

Mr. Fishunt

All,
This may have been posted before, however, what I am looking for is CURRENT information.

I bought a pair of uninsulated Crispi Guide boots and after wearing them on a 7 mile mountain hike, I determined the toe box is too narrow when going down hill.

The fit seemed perfect in the store and I was wearing mid weight REI hiking socks at the store and on the hike.

I need confirmation that the leather toe box and rand can be permanently stretched slightly.

If anyone has suggestions for home remedies or a shoe repair service that could stretch them, they would be most welcome.

I am in Helena, Montana.

Regards,
Mr. Fishunt

I've opened up steel toes a bit with a water balloon in the freezer, but I don't think I'd try it with a pair of boots north of $300.

You can try some alternative lacing techniques in some cases, it may work and save you the hassle. Use the Google Machine.

Doesn't sound good. I had a pair of Schnees that were just a little to small and asked a boot repair shop in Reno if they could stretch them. They told me it couldn't be done. Hope you do find something that works. If so, please let us know.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back