Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Crazy mountains

mixedbag

Was wondering if its snowed in up there if anyone can help me.Did my archery hunt in there this Sept and if I'm lucky enough to fill a muley tag quick next week I'd like to give it another shot for elk.
would I find the elk anywhere close to where they were in Sept. back there?Have no idea what the herd des as winter approaches.Thanks for any help

You know, unless there is a ton of snow, which there isn't yet... the bulls will probably be back in where you were and maybe in even tougher country than they were before...the cows may very well be heading down to private though???

You know, unless there is a ton of snow, which there isn't yet... the bulls will probably be back in where you were and maybe in even tougher country than they were before...the cows may very well be heading down to private though???

This may change in the next few days based on the weather reports i'm seeing;)

I think I know of a few spots the gunners won't get into back there.What is the weather report for the area ?

What is the hunting pressure like for elk this late into the season?I ran into very few bowhunters back where I went even though the parking lot was full.
Will the elk be out in some of the back meadows feeding this time of year or in the thick stuff most the day?Is still hunting the best way this time of year or should I set up watching some meadows that are tough to get back to for the average guy;myself included

If you are talking about the east side of the Crazies, a good majority of the elk pile into the private when the snow hits...big herds. Not saying there won't be elk on public, but those private ranches hold a lot of elk late in the season.

Where I hunt the crazies I've seen them in the same general area most of the season, but I haven't been back there during rifle yet. Might head there this weekend or next

What an amazing resource, he said feeling all left out, here in Kansas.

Dont feel bad, I'm stuck in Afghanistan, wont be home until the 20th of November. I placate myself by checking snotel, weather, this forum, and the MTFWP wolf harvest site.

It may be a little different, but it's still relatively easy to get around the Beartooths. Only a couple inches in most places. South facing slopes were free of snow until this last round of snow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back