Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Crappy Taxidermy

I looked at that while eating breakfast, some kinda made my stomach turn.

I wouldn't sell any antlers..if space is a premium, I'd just remove the rack and trash the rest, store them in a garage or something.

I sold some muley and elk antlers in the past, some of them I don't even have kill photo's of. I didn't have the room at the time, but I've built a shop with an office space since then, now i regret selling them.

But ya, the mount turned out nice, great buck as well.

Surprise your guests.. He measures 30" long by 12" tall. Some slight wear between ears. This guy was a roadkill in Missouri a few years back. Professionally mounted

....nice pitch.:D

ya know there is something about cat mounts that the eyes never look just right. I never tried to taxi one but if i did, i wonder if I would get the face and eyes right since it seems so many have trouble with them. I have yet to see a Mt lion that really had that "alive" look to it's face

ya know there is something about cat mounts that the eyes never look just right. I never tried to taxi one but if i did, i wonder if I would get the face and eyes right since it seems so many have trouble with them. I have yet to see a Mt lion that really had that "alive" look to it's face

http://www.philipsoucy.com/index.tpl

His stuff is pretty amazing.
Completely agree though, cat mounts almost never look right.
If I ever kill one I'd either have to go with a competition caliber taxidermist, or just do a rug. No way would I pay a normal mom and pop taxidermist to do it.

saw this comparison of goodc cat/bad cat on another site. I guess cats are hard to do well...

Attachments

• 00small53500009.jpg
    00small53500009.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,554
That top cat is just that... May be the first one I have seen that looked like a live cat, incredible job

taxidermy

crappy taxidermy is a hilaaaarious site. I tried to do taxidermy on a frog once I dont even think I would have made it on their site maybe they'd have to put me crappiest taxidermy lol. Came across this site: http://skullbliss.com they get some pretty interesting stuff that got me swoonin.. I wonder if its possible to do that on a deer skull, anyone ever tried something similar?

What I find most troubling is that some of them were not meant to jokes. I'm sure a lot of those people thought they did a great job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back