Covid restrictions going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the best draw odds will be after the rapture but before the NWO. If the NWO happens first, even with the rapture that’s probably still a lot more people applying in Colorado.

Just for fun...
my close friend and his wife just quit their jobs here (civil engineer/1st grade teacher) to move to a state that’s less supportive of masks/vaccines.
And they’ve got some kick ass music too!

The virus restrictions that we see now may only be getting started. If they can take away your job or not let you go on a plane without papers what could be next? What if next year or in the next few you can't get a hunting license without having got the shot or a recent booster? If you think that's crazy did you see people losing jobs at this time last year for not getting the shot? We all need to fight for our freedoms regardless of opinion of the shot and covid. If we don't think these things can be put in place we are fooling ourselves. What has happened already has never happened before and against the laws we have in our country. The USA has been the best country in the world because of our protection of freedom. Most of us do not realize how much freedom we have compared to the rest of the world. If we lose that we can forget about going on that Western elk hunt. Randy has shown us how to stand up for hunting on public lands. We need to now use that on the virus restrictions front as well.
They are brow beating you but stick to your guns man. I hear you loud and clear. The room is getting smaller and smaller on an almost daily basis. At some point, the restrictions and regulations are going to start affecting these people who are giving you crap now and they will regret letting things ever get this bad.

It's easy to say "doesn't matter, it doesn't affect me", until it does...at which point it's too late.

Whether you agree with getting vaccinated or not, the fact that they are getting away with downright bullying and peer pressuring people into getting it is not right and should be a criminal offense, and the people that disagree with that are the reason this country is going to crap.

That is all.

Wtf does this have to do with sportsman’s issues?

Is this all you have to offer on a hunting forum?

#sad
Restrictions. Travel restrictions, mandates at work and school, literally every aspect of our lives. What's it going to take before you start to care about losing your rights?? Pull your head out of the sand and realize what's going on here.

I dont like politics any more than anyone else on this here hunting forum, but I dont know how you dont realize that this all will affect (if not already) hunting, since that is evidently the only thing that matters to you.

If this doesn't interest you then move on to a thread that does.

Wtf does this have to do with sportsman’s issues?

Is this all you have to offer on a hunting forum?

#sad
Maybe the loss of freedom and seemingly endless intrusion of government into folk’s lives? Not trying to speak for the OP, but it sure seems freedom is on the decrease these days while control and conformity are on the rise. Seems to me sportsmen above all should be concerned about these types of issues as we are often the target. I guess I just don’t get all the piling on when topics like window stickers and butt rash are freely discussed.

I think vaccine mandates are acceptable under some conditions

-when they’re actually immunity mandates- which recognize vaccine and natural immunity.
-when the disease the vacccine is for presents a substantial public health risk (not an IFR that rounds to 0% for all but the most fragile demographic)
-when the vaccine prevents contracting and transmitting the virus to others (this is what makes it a public health matter and not a personal health matter)
-when the vaccine is well studied, approved by regulating agencies, no matter how captured by industry they may be, and long term consequences are minimal and known.

0/4

That said, I think the non hunting topics on this forum flow better when they focus on chapped butt cheeks, stupid Friday music and (I’m biased toward this one) how to expel a suburban pigeon rooftop invasion.

The virus restrictions that we see now may only be getting started. If they can take away your job or not let you go on a plane without papers what could be next? What if next year or in the next few you can't get a hunting license without having got the shot or a recent booster? If you think that's crazy did you see people losing jobs at this time last year for not getting the shot? We all need to fight for our freedoms regardless of opinion of the shot and covid. If we don't think these things can be put in place we are fooling ourselves. What has happened already has never happened before and against the laws we have in our country. The USA has been the best country in the world because of our protection of freedom. Most of us do not realize how much freedom we have compared to the rest of the world. If we lose that we can forget about going on that Western elk hunt. Randy has shown us how to stand up for hunting on public lands. We need to now use that on the virus restrictions front as well.

I'll try to go point by point.

You do not have a constitutional right to any job. The large percentage of employees serve at the pleasure of their employer. You can be laid off, hours cut, fired for any reason an employer decides is in their interest. A vaccine mandate enforced by an employer is legal.

Of course one year ago no one was losing a job over a vaccine mandate. The vaccine was not available to the public a year ago. If you are going to set up a straw man argument, at least get the premise straight.

Vaccines mandates have been in place for decades. They are required to attend public schools routinely. Many jobs require vaccines. For instance, I was a Air Force brat growing up. When my father got stationed overseas, my arm ached from all of the shots the military mandated.

Finally, while you are opposed to a covid vaccine mandate, that view not universally held. A Gallup poll in September has about 60% of the public favoring a mandate. Their opinions are no less valid than yours.

Restrictions. Travel restrictions, mandates at work and school, literally every aspect of our lives. What's it going to take before you start to care about losing your rights?? Pull your head out of the sand and realize what's going on here.

I dont like politics any more than anyone else on this here hunting forum, but I dont know how you dont realize that this all will affect (if not already) hunting, since that is evidently the only thing that matters to you.

If this doesn't interest you then move on to a thread that does.
Maybe the loss of freedom and seemingly endless intrusion of government into folk’s lives? Not trying to speak for the OP, but it sure seems freedom is on the decrease these days while control and conformity are on the rise. Seems to me sportsmen above all should be concerned about these types of issues as we are often the target. I guess I just don’t get all the piling on when topics like window stickers and butt rash are freely discussed.
Again, wtf does it have to with hunting?

It’s hunting season. Go outside. If you want to argue about politics, go to QAnon or Facebook.

The endless stream of keyboard jockeys that want to come to a hunting forum and post the same tired political arguments that get locked but have nothing hunting related to offer is idiotic and gets old.

I’m out…getting up early tomorrow to actually go hunting.

You’re probably right. A whiskey or two and I get salty.

Just seems stupid when there’s open seasons going on.
I’ll be damned, the truth comes out.
#2drinksdeep #openingup

Ps. I’m so sorry huntingwife but I’ve been waiting to use those hashtags on here for a long time. 🤦‍♂️

60% of the public favoring a mandate. Their opinions are no less valid than yours.

Thomas Jefferson once said that an individual’s right to determine what medical treatments are performed upon them in this new republic will be up for popular vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back