Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Court Rules on Montana Wolf Hunting

Based on what? I'd like to see the judgement that spawned this restraining order. Anywhere we can view that?

Not sure what the current laws are now but seems like a step backwards probably especially eliminating snaring. That would have to be the most effective way to trap wolves

Im confused though! It says back to restricted to 5 each……? Not plenty?

That’s okay, my daddy always told me not to shit shit I wouldn’t eat, anyway……. Howd it taste at the Burch barrel, Randy?

Here's the TRO for those interested in reading it.
Sounds like the TLDR is the plaintiffs say "the science for establishing population data is faulty" and "the current take interferes with Federal management." Court says, "sounds plausible. We'll give FWP some time to respond later this month." The closing paragraph is worth highlighting, it's not as though they're permanently reverting to 2020 regs:

1668616045717.png

I don't know where hunters hatred for wolves comes from:rolleyes:. This judge knows so much more than wolf biologists and hunters in the field. these knee jerk reactions fueled by personal beliefs by judges increases the bantor from the SSS crowd.

Hunting in my county has taken some major lumps from predator numbers. "if only the hunters/ trappers would do more!" only works for so long. I also like "How many have you taken?"

The reactions recently that I have heard are "that judge is a republican (or democrat) and must be removed" When we all as hunter/outdoorsmen should be saying, that judge is an idiot. political parties aside I think we can agree that Dividing our ranks is not working but is playing in well with the other side.

In other news a friend had a moose tag and got a great video of what wolves did to 6 deer in a small 1/4th acre timber patch. it is on facebook but not mine to share. He did call in and harvest one of the pack.

When one of the habituated celebrity wolves gets taken, people assume they're just being mowed down. There are a lot of misconceptions all around when it comes to wolves

Most of you probably dislike the show "Yellowstone", however, the most recent episode integrated the Montana wolf debacle into the plot line (ranch hands shoot collared park wolves). Impeccable timing
My wife and I watched the season premiere I was just thinking the same thing. That timing is incredible.

TRO's: Life blood of anti-hunting organization $$$ funding.
Center for [bogus] Biological Diversity. #1 for this Temporary Restraining Order.

State's management restored by Judge I just read.

Kind of.

He lifted the stay & did not place an injunction on the state but the case continues. It's too early to declare victory or burn the villages.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back