Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Couple critters from yesterday

mtmiller

First time I have seen one of these on a nest.
4.JPG

There were 3 young ferrugs in this nest.
5.JPG

Another nest. Two siblings in the nest still and this guy looks a little lost after his first solo.:D
1.JPG

The face only a mother could love.
2.JPG

Grumpy looking bastard.
3.JPG

I saw a ground squirrel on a post a couple weeks ago and no one would believe me. Lousy picture, but I know have proof.:D He must have been on watch.
6.JPG

Those are the ground squirrels that need to be shot. We can't have the ones with new evasion strategies reproducing and passing that on to the next generation.

Good looking pics.

Great pics. Curious, how far away were you from that ferruginous in the last picture? I haven't been able to get results like that, but maybe I haven't been close enough.

Oak, actually I had my seasonal with me and had him take a few shots while I was getting a GPS location and filling out a data sheet. I told him to not get too close depending on how the bird reacted. I would guess he was around 10 yards.

Tone, unfortunately I was on the clock, so not able to try and control this genetically superior arboreal squirrel. I did recently put the hurt on a few of his close relatives.:D
P1180743.JPG

T, I have not seen any grouse broods yet, but have not been spending much time in prime areas. I have seen a few pheasant and hun broods, but not so much for the grouse.

The last picture is a really great one. I didn't make it over there this year to shoot any and I heard the ranch I normally shoot on is getting pretty pounded now by a couple guys from Havre who are out there nearly every day. In the past I have shot a couple out of trees/shrubs simply because I figured they may be superior genetically and lead to a new super squirrel. Now that I think about it I kinda feel bad for disrupting the evolutionary process ;)

Nice photos mtmiller. Boy those Ferruginous hawks look a lot like redtails at that age. I would have a hard time telling them apart without seeing the parents. Speaking of Ferruginous hawks I have seen a few not all that far from here. I thought they were some what endangered. I know of at least 3 within an hour of here. They are neat to watch, but downright noisey sometimes.

Kenetrek Boots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kws82590
Back