Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Costco gas

Attendants for what?
Oregon decided when the forest industry hit the skids that requiring civilians to allow the service station to pump their fuel into civilian gas tanks was a way to get a few 1,000 laid-off timber dudes jobs. Some rural areas got exemptions so they could self-serve. Commercial accounts had their own gas stations where they could self-serve. Alas, all bat-shit-crazy flawed manipulation of the free market eventually crater and last year everyone could self-pump. Freedom 'Merica!

Costco and Sam's are .56 cheaper per gallon here than anywhere else

Screenshot_20240206_235759_Samsung Internet.jpg

Oregon decided when the forest industry hit the skids that requiring civilians to allow the service station to pump their fuel into civilian gas tanks was a way to get a few 1,000 laid-off timber dudes jobs. Some rural areas got exemptions so they could self-serve. Commercial accounts had their own gas stations where they could self-serve. Alas, all bat-shit-crazy flawed manipulation of the free market eventually crater and last year everyone could self-pump. Freedom 'Merica!
Wag the Dog.

I finally joined the dark side today (my wife had the account for a long time, but I just got my own member card). I hate Costco.

Back