Costco gas

Here it runs about $0.35 cheaper than everyone else. If you get the basic membership and fill up at Costco the membership is paid for probably more than once in just getting gas.

People saving pennies at Costco or that don't have a costco could be saving 15 to 20 cents per gallon at a conoco. If you use the fuel forward app and link to a conoco card or your checking account you save 15 cents per gallon. If you use a credit card in the app you save 5 cents. Now stack that with the loyalty offering of usually 5 cents and you're saving 20 cents total if the station you're at offers loyalty. But you have to know the right stores that figured out how to be able to stack that.

Loyalty is the other piece people need to be aware. Most places with loyalty are giving you another 3 to 5 cents off per gallon if you use their app.

I know of one chain that owns refineries and the distribution of fuel as well as the pumps. so from production to the sale they are making all the coin from it. They are giving 25 cents off at the pump.

Last edited:
1. It’s usually the cheapest in town.
2. The line goes fast. There’s no gas station to go wander around in blocking a pump.
3. One of my friends works for the company that maintains their pumps. They maintain their pumps to the highest level. Anything broken is fixed within hours (they must have a tech on site within 2 hours or they’re penalized). They actually change the fuel filters on schedule, which the vast majority of stations don’t (this is why they all pump high volume all the time…helping the line go fast).

The unfortunate part is you have a pretty high frequency of encountering impatient a-holes while waiting in the line.
Your #3 is wrong. The vast majority of stations don't? The vast majority of stations are now chains all of which have maintenence departments that schedule filter changes on a regular basis. I don't know how you yourself would or wouldn't know if any given station had changed their filters.

Did you know that gas actually has impurities and sediment in it? So you might actually get a load of gas the day after you change your filters but the gas coming from the rack has an especially bad batch, and then your next load clogs up your filters right away. And every load in the whole area no matter the gas station, because they all pull off the same rack alot of the time(including costco) is getting that filter clogging gas. So it really doesn't have anything to do with scheduled replacements much of the time.

Still not able to pump your own in Oregon? mtmuley
yes we can pump now if we want but a lot of Oregonians don't know how.

Recently saw a lady in a BMW X5 first try to put diesel into it, then when that didn't fit she drove to the other side of the pump.

When I got out to the pump next to her, she was wrestling with the nozzle and card machine, and spewing all sorts of obscenities.

She got an attendant who apparently couldn't answer her questions, because she drove off without getting any gas.

She probably then gassed up at Costco.

yes we can pump now if we want but a lot of Oregonians don't know how.

Recently saw a lady in a BMW X5 first try to put diesel into it, then when that didn't fit she drove to the other side of the pump.

When I got out to the pump next to her, she was wrestling with the nozzle and card machine, and spewing all sorts of obscenities.

She got an attendant who apparently couldn't answer her questions, because she drove off without getting any gas.

She probably then gassed up at Costco.

I had an intern a few years ago who apparently had never driven outside of Oregon. We have a tank at our station so I showed him how to turn it on, unlock it, and record gallons pumped.

About 2 weeks later my supervisor asked him to go fill the truck up and he responded that he didn't know how. It took me an exasperated second to realize he meant he didn't know how to pump gas at all.

Weird that he didn't mention that when I was showing him around.

How is this possible...
A lot of people had let "the peons" (gas station attendants) pump the gas all those years without paying attention.

Now it's a free for all, survival of the fittest sort of deal on who can and is willing to pump their own. I feel bad for elderly and disabled people, however, though some Oregon stations do label their pumps self serve or full serve

It's on my way to work, 20 cents cheaper than anywhere else, never busy first thing in the morning on my way in

I actually feel a little guilty if there's a line and someone pulls up behind me...36 gallon tank and I'm always on empty. Gonna be here a while buddy! 😅
I have a 48 gal tank. It holds a f-ing barrel of oil. I was sitting in the cab looking at my phone one day when a lady started honking at me because she thought the pump must have shut off by now. I got out and told her it was still running and the pump was going slow. She looked at me like I was an asshole and got flustered then the pump clicked loudly I pointed at it and laughed. She waived I waved and cleared out of the way.

I actually feel a little guilty if there's a line and someone pulls up behind me...36 gallon tank and I'm always on empty. Gonna be here a while buddy! 😅

I've got 60 gallons and they have a spend limit, so I get to fake everyone out when I put the nozzle back.

I'll make a trip to Costco for diesel, it was $4.95/g yesterday, when most of my stations around town are still at $6 +/-

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Google shows a 4% cash back for gas with s costco CC. That would be $1.80 on a 20 gallon purchase. The value of that is in the eye of the beholder
Local stations nearby are $4.40/gal today my local costco was $3.85. If I fuel up first thing in the morning I rarely have to wait for a pump. Between my truck and engine drive welder for my business I spend $500-700= month in fuel. When gas goes to $5-6/gal in the summer that 4% makes a difference on top of the savings per gallon I'm getting.

Are Oregon elderly and disabled less capable than elderly and disabled in the rest of the country? I didn't realize pumping gas tripped up residents of an entire state.
That doesnt prevent me from feeling bad for certain classes of people. Maybe they should have assistance pumping gas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back