Costco gas

Bigjay73

What's the infatuation with Costco gas? Just drove by the one of of 85 in Englewood and the cars were 7 deep. What's that, a 30-40 minute wait? I'd get it if they were the cheapest has in town, but I passed 2 cheaper gas stations on the way. I'm becoming a curmudgeon, I don't wait for a table at a restaurant, I sure as hell ain't waiting for gas.

I have never understood it either. Most of all the costco gas station I have seen in Washington have had cheaper stations around, seems alot of people will drive the extra miles to not save money on fuel. Mind boggler for sure.

For us it’s because we are already there. The sheer volume of customers Costco and Sam’s draw means more concentrated population that needs gas.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Google shows a 4% cash back for gas with s costco CC. That would be $1.80 on a 20 gallon purchase. The value of that is in the eye of the beholder

Attendants for what?
Still not able to pump your own in Oregon? mtmuley

I think statewide they're required to have half the pumps be self serve, but costco even with a huge line will get you through faster.

Arco has a bunch of tweaker pumping gas at the attended pumps, and there's always some a-hole shopping in the minimart at chevron 5 minutes after the pump clicked.

I grew up pumping my own gas and will take Oregons attended Costco any day. Those folks are efficient.

I used to get it while there 4-5 yrs ago, because where I was they used to be one of the cheapest and was already there, now its the same price and the lines are long (plus they're closed when I get off work)
just do the town pump loyalty now, .05/gal each and every time, not a lot of $ but there's lots of them close to me

Last Monday I timed it right and saved .15 a gal. plus no waiting. By Thursday it looks like every place in Missoula went up a dime but Costco was still .05 cheaper than the TP stations.

I don't know, but the only time I ever got it all the lines were a certain direction for the cars. Made me mad.

Here costco gas is the cheapest by far, sometimes 25 cents gallon cheaper than anywhere else, plus the 3-4% cash back on Costco card or whatever it is...so, yeah I hit up Costco gas a ton...but it's also convenient for me and I go first thing in the morning before the actual store opens...never a line.

What really intrigues me are the people that'll wait in a line 3-4 cars deep for a driver's side pump, rather than just pull the hose over from a passenger side pump.

It is a kickback on membership. I know a guy who will curb hop plow through the landscaping to get into line and drape that hose to the other side of his car. Wait time is dramatically reduced for that guy.

Nothing special about the gas. Although in our part of WI they are consistently $0.20-$0.30/gallon cheaper. Which is real money. They take Visa and the pumps are categorized as gas so my DU Visa card gets me 5% back on the purchase. That math makes sense for my pocket book.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back