Corona virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a more serious note, skip to the 7 minute mark of this video recording of the North Carolina Coronavirus Task Force meeting to see how they are doing a great job of attempting to wipeout the entire North Carolina Coronavirus Task Force membership. I mean come on...did not a single one of those people charged with fighting a pandemic not think that passing around a microphone so that everyones hands touch it and everyone breathes into it might not be a good idea??? One more thing that doesn't give me a ton of confidence in our leadership right now.

If we stipulate your numbers are close,, that is a fatality rate of 17.5%. I think that would have made more news. You might want to look the numbers up before you use them to make a point.

OK, as I said I may be wrong after seeing a meme. I just looked it up. 18,036 deaths and 604,446 infected non deaths. I don't think the main point is in the numbers, as you probably overlooked to make a point...my point is in presidential response without a word being heard or raised....

Many a strip mall Chinese food patron has eaten Peking Kitten (and puppy) thinking it to be Peking Chicken :)

When my RECON platoon landed in Turkey for Desert Storm, we were warned not to eat the meat from the local street vendors. Well, of course we did, but there was not a stray dog or cat in the area and the ka bobs were awesome

And as they always have, Dems & GOP figure it out when things actually matter. Not saying it is perfect, but much of our daily political BS is driven by a wealthy (by historical standards) population with lots of free time on its hands.

note: the heading suggests the link is about state of emergency, but the article is mostly about the bipartisan package that got announced this afternoon.

After three years, the excuses rings hollow. The instability and rampant turnover of this administration promotes its own crises, and I for one am tired of the lunacy. You can support him all you want. He's in over his head and his ego and foolishness is harming the country. I take umbrage to that.

Washington Post is hardly the non liberal and fair across the board on reporting venue to take very seriously.

But it makes good butt whipe so take that seriously.
Of course the WP, like the NYT, clearly views the world from the left side of the aisle, but it still has some great writers and is worthy of reading even if just to stay up to date on "the opponents". No different than the WSJ OpEd page and its right tilt. I suggest folks get 60% of their content from sources they disagree with and 40% from one they agree with - makes for a much more enlightened discussion.

Just left Walmart. Gonna say, it's kinda surreal, like in a movie with all of the empty shelves. Lots of milk, eggs, pasta and veggies still left, no ground beef, but lots of ground turkey, forget about finding rice or pasta sauce. Strangest thing I noticed was almost no condensed milk. Haven't been to a store in a week, lots has changed, but still easy to stock up. Did notice people seemed friendlier than usual, hope that keeps up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madicks2
Back