Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Corona virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will agree that there is a lot to be done. It would appear that there will be little cooperation in DC, so I am also not optimistic that a lot will get done. It would be great though if both sides would get together to develop a plan to bring drug production back to the US in a very fast manner. That might involve rolling back some regulations and getting back to "getting things done".

As you all can see, I try to skirt around these issues and post silly stuff to make people laugh. I try to avoid getting into political debates, as it breaks my heart (my achy breaky heart) top see my friends go after each other on political topics. But, I'm going to throw this out.....the Democrats will only pass a spending bill with an abortion funding rider, and are trying to fight against Trump's travel ban..how much are they working to try and nip this virus in the bud without trying to make it look like Trump's and Repulican's faults? There seems to be a lot that can be done if it weren't for staunch party lines. Now, mind you, I have friends on both sides of the political spectrums, and I like to think for myself in politics and can see good and bad on both sides....but why are Democrats trying to make this pandemic into a political statement instead of working together with republicans for the good of the country?

Just had lunch at one of the most popular sushi joints in denver. Place was dead, which is unheard of on a Friday.

I had to go downtown today in a large city and there were parking spots everywhere! Got to park in front of the business door, first time in prob 10 years.

My daughter was just at Costco for work supplies and said the lady in front of her bought $4000 of cat food, Which Gave me an idea.. If shat gets real the hell with peeking chicken, it’s all about the peeking kitten..

Perhaps a little perspective for the way things are currently, not saying this cant change

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1584129543564.jpg
    FB_IMG_1584129543564.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 48
No, but he had two years with a Republican majority in the Senate and House to accomplish whatever he wanted to. Sure glad we rolled back public land and environmental protections instead.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and observation. But, it is easy to armchair quarterback anything. Naysayers are a dime a dozen and usually all they have is complaints. Interestingly enough, I don't remember seeing your name on the ballet when I voted. How good of job would the American people thing you would have done in the Presidents situation? :unsure:

Time to consider solutions and stop bashing the office of the President. Bashing someone else is easy, support and understanding is more difficult.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and observation. But, it is easy to armchair quarterback anything. Naysayers are a dime a dozen and usually all they have is complaints. Interestingly enough, I don't remember seeing your name on the ballet when I voted. How good of job would the American people thing you would have done in the Presidents situation? :unsure:

Time to consider solutions and stop bashing the office of the President. Bashing someone else is easy, support and understanding is more difficult.
No, you certainly didn't see my name on the ballot. Does that mean anyone who doesn't is prohibited from offering critical analysis? I have no interest in being part of a groupthink echo chamber. I call it as I see it.

How good of a job would I do? I don't know. I will say this, I try to surround myself with people smarter than me and I listen to their advice. I don't lie to people. I back my plans and proposals with facts and not emotions. When my ideas and plans flame out, I singly take the responsibility for it, regardless of whose idea it was. Take that for what you will.

I'm not intending to bash the president. I'm pointing discrepancies here. Trump is blaming Obama for lack of CDC preparedness. If you had three years to fix the problem and you didn't, then in my mind you assume the ownership of the problem.

Time to consider solutions and stop bashing the office of the President.

Well, FWIW I had a hallway conversation with my supervisor just two days ago in reference to changes in the way we do business. I gave him my thoughts and ideas. His wife works in staffing and logistics in a major NW hospital. He listened to my thoughts and then told me that pretty much echoed exactly what his wife had told him that morning. So, yes, I've been making a concerted effort to be part of the solution. Sorry you saw it differently.

Last edited by a moderator:
And he declared a national emergency.
I was wondering if this thread would get to 1,000 before we got that. Guess not. Now some can say it was too late, some can say it is unnecessary, some can say it is politically motivated in his favor, some can say it was political pressure from the other side that forced his hand etc etc etc. I can't wait. In the mean time, cover your mouth when you cough and wash your hands - not just this week, for the next 20 years please.

I was wondering if this thread would get to 1,000 before we got that. Guess not. Now some can say it was too late, some can say it is unnecessary, some can say it is politically motivated in his favor, some can say it was political pressure from the other side that forced his hand etc etc etc. I can't wait. In the mean time, cover your mouth when you cough and wash your hands - not just this week, for the next 20 years please.

I washed my hands after I pooped before it was cool to do it o_O

No, but he had two years with a Republican majority in the Senate and House to accomplish whatever he wanted to. Sure glad we rolled back public land and environmental protections instead.

Preparedness for as pandemic is not a new topic, and the US certainly had warning signs about our overall lack of preparation.

Add this one

This could be a lot worse, and will happen again. Hopefully we learn.

Not saying he’s right or wrong but just something to keep in perspective we’re at 5088 deaths worldwide and that number has effectively shut down large portions of the country.

These guys might have come in handy the past few weeks.

In 2018, Trump fired Tom Bossert, whose job as homeland security adviser on the National Security Council included coordinating the response to global pandemics. Bossert was not replaced. Last year, Rear Adm. Tim Ziemer, the NSC's senior director for global health security and biodefense, left the council and was not replaced. Dr. Luciana Borio, the NSC's director for medical and biodefense preparedness, left in May 2018 and was also not replaced.

EDIT___Oops see Nameless post above for more details.

Not saying he’s right or wrong but just something to keep in perspective we’re at 5088 deaths worldwide and that number has effectively shut down large portions of the country.
Politicians can only be wrong on this. In a critic's mind all deaths were because we moved too slow and any successful actions that reduces death rate suggest the whole thing was overblown in the first place.

No, you certainly didn't see my name on the ballot. Does that mean anyone who doesn't is prohibited from offering critical analysis?
How good of a job would I do? I don't know. I will say this, I try to surround myself with people smarter than me and I listen to their advice. I don't lie to people. I back my plans and proposals with facts and not emotions. When my ideas and plans flame out, I singly take the responsibility for it, regardless of whose idea it was. Take that for what you will.

I'm not intending to bash the president. I'm pointing discrepancies here. Trump is blaming Obama for lack of CDC preparedness. If you had three years to fix the problem and you didn't, then in my mind you assume the ownership of the problem.

Good point...

He's fixing a lot of things from the Obama era. Give him a chance. He hasn't exactly gotten a fair shake and it takes time with all the other stuff on his plate as well.
Just for the record, I don't always agree with Trump. But most of us spent time in the military where we were taught to support the President and his office, even if we don't agree with him. And when someone new is elected I will do the same. Too easy to find fault.

I’ve got a home gym, and I know for a fact it’s good to go, since I’m stuck overseas for work....

But my wife sent this picture to me. 93CAEE61-F374-4745-B61D-86E38B71827B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back