PEAX Equipment

Corona virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point...

He's fixing a lot of things from the Obama era. Give him a chance. He hasn't exactly gotten a fair shake and it takes time with all the other stuff on his plate as well.
Just for the record, I don't always agree with Trump. But most of us spent time in the military where we were taught to support the President and his office, even if we don't agree with him. And when someone new is elected I will do the same. Too easy to find fault.
After three years, the excuses rings hollow. The instability and rampant turnover of this administration promotes its own crises, and I for one am tired of the lunacy. You can support him all you want. He's in over his head and his ego and foolishness is harming the country. I take umbrage to that.

Good point...

He's fixing a lot of things from the Obama era. Give him a chance. He hasn't exactly gotten a fair shake and it takes time with all the other stuff on his plate as well.
Just for the record, I don't always agree with Trump. But most of us spent time in the military where we were taught to support the President and his office, even if we don't agree with him. And when someone new is elected I will do the same. Too easy to find fault.

One question I have is what did Obama do to counteract the swine flu? He was in office and from what I can remember did basically nothing. Forgive me if my numbers are off...but from what I remember there was like 35K deaths and a couple hundred thousand infected, but I don't remember containment areas or travel restrictions or much of anything being done under that administration. Now, we have a supposed pandemic with only a little over 5K died, which many who have been quaranteened being released healthy, but now America has come to a halt. The economy is crashing, venues are shutting down, schools sent home, college closing and having kids finish the semester online....and it's somehow Trump's fault for not acting accordingly. What is he supposed to do? He trys a travel ban and the Democrats fight it. The Democrats put forth a spending bill, but only with abortion funding. Trump is trying what he can, but somehow no matter what he does is wrong. I think he could fart and people would complain that it didn't smell bad enough. All of this shit is crazy and will only further seperate parties and that causes a cluster #*^@#*, especially in an election year. Is this a matter of convenience to make Trump look bad? It seems that every election year some sort of virus causes panic and a mess in the states. Come on people...get this shit situated and work together. Trump might not be the best person for the job, but he has the job, so let's support him while he tries to take care of this.

After three years, the excuses rings hollow. The instability and rampant turnover of this administration promotes its own crises, and I for one am tired of the lunacy. You can support him all you want. He's in over his head and his ego and foolishness is harming the country. I take umbrage to that.

Both of our points have been made...

Well, there it is, school has been cancelled through April 24th. If you would have told me this a week ago, I wouldn’t have believed it.

Well, there it is, school has been cancelled through April 24th. If you would have told me this a week ago, I wouldn’t have believed it.
Interesting. Not saying right or wrong, but interesting MN is going the other direction. The Gov and Health lead said the CDC data shows that due to low infection rate in kids and low evidence of kid to adult transfer that keeping schools open is better for social health given the fact that 40% of healthcare workers have school age kids that could be pulled out of the workforce just when we need them the most. It shows how truly tricky this tight rope walk is.

One question I have is what did Obama do to counteract the swine flu? He was in office and from what I can remember did basically nothing. Forgive me if my numbers are off...but from what I remember there was like 35K deaths and a couple hundred thousand infected, but I don't remember containment areas or travel restrictions or much of anything being done under that administration. Now, we have a supposed pandemic with only a little over 5K died, which many who have been quaranteened being released healthy, but now America has come to a halt. The economy is crashing, venues are shutting down, schools sent home, college closing and having kids finish the semester online....and it's somehow Trump's fault for not acting accordingly. What is he supposed to do? He trys a travel ban and the Democrats fight it. The Democrats put forth a spending bill, but only with abortion funding. Trump is trying what he can, but somehow no matter what he does is wrong. I think he could fart and people would complain that it didn't smell bad enough. All of this shit is crazy and will only further seperate parties and that causes a cluster #*^@#*, especially in an election year. Is this a matter of convenience to make Trump look bad? It seems that every election year some sort of virus causes panic and a mess in the states. Come on people...get this shit situated and work together. Trump might not be the best person for the job, but he has the job, so let's support him while he tries to take care of this.

Well put, you are a compassionate person...

Here is the bottom line with me John, I know I could not do a better job, nor could I be the president. That said, I sure as hell am not going to set back and criticize someone for doing better than I could. Our country was set up that anyone can get elected as president, by the people. That's what happened and I support it. No Presidents, past or future, will ever make everyone happy.

For those thinking this is all phony and overblown, you should stop watching CNN, Fox and Hunttalk and spend all your time watching things melt down in Northern Italy - it is sobering.

Yeah, some interesting developments. It appears Italy has the second oldest populous in the world (behind Japan) and therefore is having a significant impact. Good reminder for us all on social distancing so we don't inadvertently impact those who are more at risk.

I'd like to publicly say to @JLS that my rant was not meant to be directed at you, but that it was his your misfortune that I decided to say something at that point. There were other comments in the thread that I chose to remain quiet on. I lost my battle to shut the heck up. It was not a personal attack on you. Also, thanks for a good debate and keeping remarks respectful. Showed great restraint on your part.
As in the movie "Cool Hand Luke", give that man a cool drink!

Last edited:
This is interesting

Covid-19 is the name given to the clinical illness these viruses cause. Every time a virus infects someone and replicates in their respiratory tract, it mutates, with about half a dozen genetic mutations occurring. In the current outbreak, the mutations have led to two main strains of the virus emerging. The one most closely associated with the outbreak in Wuhan is more prevalent, and it is reportedly more virulent. The second one is less prevalent so far, and it has a lesser impact on its host, research shows.”

Interesting. Not saying right or wrong, but interesting MN is going the other direction. The Gov and Health lead said the CDC data shows that due to low infection rate in kids and low evidence of kid to adult transfer that keeping schools open is better for social health given the fact that 40% of healthcare workers have school age kids that could be pulled out of the workforce just when we need them the most. It shows how truly tricky this tight rope walk is.

Apparently the bastard doesn't give a rip about his older faculty and staff, right down the janitors and floor sweepers that can get killed by this stuff.

Apparently the bastard doesn't give a rip about his older faculty and staff, right down the janitors and floor sweepers that can get killed by this stuff.
I think my point was that it is not so simple - if a third of all healthcare workers stayed home with their kids who would treat the sick (floor sweepers included). I don't know where to draw the lines, but the calculus is shockingly complicated.

One question I have is what did Obama do to counteract the swine flu? He was in office and from what I can remember did basically nothing. Forgive me if my numbers are off...but from what I remember there was like 35K deaths and a couple hundred thousand infected

If we stipulate your numbers are close,, that is a fatality rate of 17.5%. I think that would have made more news. You might want to look the numbers up before you use them to make a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back